The Swim At The Waterfall

The Swim At The Waterfall

A Story by Darkswing
"

This is my fifth story. Do enjoy!!

"
It was on a Friday night that we decided to go away from a city and go towards nature. As we couldn't take it anymore, the sounds of the cars, the endless deadlines at work and the mind boggling problems that we face for every minute of our lives. The plan originally was that we would spend the day at the movies followed by a lovely group dinner. But it was later changed to swim next to a lovely flowing waterfall.

We didn't even take 2 minutes to agree on this plan to swim next to a waterfall. Apparently we all were sick of this dry weather that has been going on for a month or two. We were a group of four people including me. I knew firsthand that it was a small group but for one thing i was really sure that we were a real crazy group and that we would do anything for fun.

At around 7pm, our shift ended and the long awaited weekend had arrived. We reached our individuals homes at around 8pm. We just couldn't wait for the next day for an amazing plunge into the cold and flowing water of that amazing waterfall. I don't know about the others but i for one quickly packed up for the next day and i quickly fell asleep as most probably i would have to start taking my car and picking everyone up from their homes for the big trip.

The next morning, i woke up around 9am , quickly freshened up and began to sit down for my breakfast. It was around 10am when i began to start eating. On the previous day we actually agreed that we would began the trip from when i leave the place at around 11am from my place. Well while i began eating, i started receiving phone calls upon phone calls from my friends. Each one asking me one question or the other. Some of them were irritating as one of which was " Are you ready at your place?" or "Are you finished with your food?" or " Have you left already?". They were so worried that i would make them reach late to our little holiday swim. Still i assured them that i would be leaving on time. It took a while but it happened. I finished my meal at around 10:40 am, so i quickly cleaned up everything and at around 10:59 am i left the house. Just as the time turned to 11am, i started receiving the calls again. I told them that i left for their homes. And so the journey to the waterfall finally began.

 At around 13:45pm, we reached our destination. The minute we got down from the car and turned our gaze to this magnificent waterfall and we couldn't think of any better sight than what we were looking at right now. Still after a few minutes of staring at that amazing waterfall. We began wondering about why there weren't any other people there as we heard a couple a days ago that it used to be a huge crowd every weekend in this location. Still we quickly rushed and jumped into the water. We could hardly define the feeling of peace and tranquility that started poring inside our hearts and minds as we could embrace mother nature in a way we never could before. When.....

Suddenly, i noticed some one jumping from the waterfall above us , we were so sacred as the guy looked like he was coming for us. He almost looked like a shadow. But it was too high so we couldn't exactly see how he looked like. We started screaming at him and we were trying to stop him from jumping but within seconds he jumped. We closed our eyes so that we could avoid seeing him fall on the rocks below. Not all of us did that though, As i was continuously looking at him while he was falling and towards my horror he disappeared from my sight. I quickly requested my guys to open their eyes as they were expecting to see a corpse on one of those rocks but when they opened their eyes, they couldn't see anyone. We all were traumatized. Only one of us began to maintain his reserve and he began trying to make us forget what happened and to dismiss this as a wild hallucination.

After a few minutes, we recovered from the shock in which we were in. As we began thinking that there are no such magical acts in the world for this to be done successfully. Anyway we began to frolic around in the water. We could feel our old college memories come back as believe it or not the group at work were also the group at school and college. Still what memories we had in many pools and many resorts. Spending time having chicken fights in water and at the same time playing like a couple of kids in the water. While we were busy dreaming and reliving our times that we had in our olden days.

Suddenly a numerous number of bodies started to float up from the beneath the ground under the water. Within a couple of seconds, the entire area was filled with bodies and the water started to change into blood. We began to freeze from where we were standing. We couldn't seem to understand what was happening and at the same time we were scared to our deaths. Similarly we just couldn't get a hold of ourselves. Added to that we could see apparitions walking over the water and coming towards us from the other side of the waterfall. Some had no heads and some had no eyes and some didn't even have legs. There were just a couple of them. We just couldn't budge from that spot. Then slowly i began to recover and i quickly pulled my friends along with me. While we were running thorough the woods to our cars. All of a sudden a woman appeared in front of us and it actually made us fall on the ground. What we could see only chilled our bloods a little longer.

The woman was wearing a black dress. She had scars on her face and from the scars blood started to drip. What made our hearts fill with fear was her black angry eyes with mouth open staring at us. We could feel our heart beat skip a beat. Still we quickly got up and ran around her towards the car and once we got into the car, we felt a bit of relief. When we began starting the car, it suddenly began to rattle and the lights began to flicker. Slowly the air in the car became colder. We tried to get out but couldn't. We looked around for a way to step out of the car but we couldn't find one. Suddenly the woman appeared at the back seat of the car and we began screaming and suddenly the woman gave out a loud scream which made us go crazy and she also began to push the car back and forth. We just closed our eyes and just prayed and not a few moments later everything stopped and without thinking for a second, we started the car and left the place.

As we looked back we could see the woman standing there at the entrance staring at us and up to this day she haunts us sometimes in our dreams. Now we understood that there were a lot of people murdered there in that waterfall and the woman who was the ghost that chased us was actually a suicide. I fear that place till date.

© 2016 Darkswing


Author's Note

Darkswing
Please do excuse the way i write and i do it the way i see it and i will accept any feedback on this story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on September 9, 2016
Last Updated on September 9, 2016

Author

Darkswing
Darkswing

Secunderabad, Telangana, India



About
Greetings, I bid thee welcome, ladies and gents to know a little something about me. Here are some of the words you can use to describe me with : Solitary Author (In Progress) Horror Fanati.. more..

Writing