The Additional

The Additional

A Story by Darkswing
"

This is a story about how four friends who are also cab mates come across a strange person joining them on their way home from work.. Is the person friendly or is she NOT?

"
"David, come on, We have to go, We do not want to miss the cab again". I snarled while Clinton and Matthew were standing next to me ready to go home.

"Chill, man.. Don't worry.... We won't miss it. I just have this one small job to do". David replied and with that he got up from his seat and walked up to the cabin in which there was a girl sitting there and she was on a call with a customer. She saw him approaching her and without any reason she quickly placed the call on hold and got up from her seat. What happened in the next few minutes astonished us. As we could see our friend holding his so called girlfriend in his arms and kissing her so passionately that it would make Kama Sutra jealous.

Of course all the people noticed but apart from reporting it they began to enjoy looking and fantasizing about it. But, what could they do?, They have no probability or luck in that matter. While they were staring at the spectacle that was going on there, the manager walked in and his gaze quickly turned to what they were doing. With shock he just stood there staring blankly at them. Apparently, no one had the feeling of need to stop such an amusing spectacle but in a few seconds, David slowly pulled backed and wished his girlfriend and left the place and the best part is that when he finished, people around including the manager started clapping and the floor was filled with praises and cheers.

It was unlike anything we have ever seen or experienced before, yet we called David to join them over quickly as we didn't want to reach home in the later part of the night. So, without wasting another minute we quickly rushed into the elevator. The best thing about the company that we were working for was the elevators. As it can get to from the ground floor to the 10th floor in a matter of minutes.

Without any delay, the elevator took us down and with that we quickly rushed to the cafeteria. Usually we always buy something to munch on while we were on our way home in the cab. Most of us live far away so we have fun during our return from work. As usual, David began placing an order for a chicken burger and so did Matthew, Clinton on the other hand decided to go on a diet today, so he picked up a sandwich. Before I could go ahead with my order......

"Here we go !!!... Now we are delayed for sure... !!", Clinton remarked,

"That's true my friend...", David and Matthew giggled,

They knew that I being a big eater would at least place an order for more than three snack products. Sometimes, I delay them even by minutes. But this time I ignored them and I quickly ordered for a Chicken burger, a chicken hot dog, a non-veg Frankie, a chicken sandwich, a bottle of juice and last but not the least a lovely, creamy chocolate covered Doughnut. Ah, I just couldn't wait to begin eating. The sad part is to see my three best friends just staring at me, waiting for me to finish my order(s). I, paying no attention to their sarcastic gaze, simply waited for my order to be completed and delivered.

With luck, my order was ready in minutes. Just then, we could see the cabs slowly moving towards the exit. Without wasting any time, all four of us made way to the cab port. Like always, we jumped into the cab that we always ride in and it appears to be the same for today. But, there was something different that day that changed our mood. Behind us, a dark haired woman, with a while sleeveless T-shirt and  a skinny light blue jeans. She wore canvas shoes that were white in color. She had eyes that were perfectly aligned to her face. Her smile that appeared from our lips were seductive and ever so beautiful. She was about 5'4 inches tall and was she was thin. She had only her purse that was a bit torn and on her right hand she was holding on to a phone in where the display was cracked.

"Where is your drop point?" David asked the girl while the cab was moving towards the exit.

"Its nowhere." The girl remarked in a deep voice.

"Sure, but the driver needs to know so that he can drop you off safely to your place." Clinton replied as the cab left the exit.

The girl never replied to that, she just sat there staring at the world that lies on the other side of the car window.

"What is your name?" Clinton asked, for once we could actually see a spark of curiosity in his eyes.

Just like that, she turned her head towards him, with a creepy smile, she said "My name is Rose",

"Hello, Rose!!!!!" We exclaimed. Filled with a friendly attitude. But still she gave out her smile and turned her head towards the window. At the same time, driver turned towards us and just stared at us and before he could utter a word....

"Come on.. Let's go!!, Its getting late.. I need to go home!" Matthew exclaimed.

The driver quickly turned around and started driving a bit faster. Still paying no attention to it. Each of us were dropped to our respective homes and Lastly, my drop began to approach. I looked back and I saw her still looking at the window. I wanted to strike up a conversation with her but I was a bit afraid. As when it came to girl. I become very nervous and when I am not around, I turn into a gangster. Yet, the driver slowly pulled the car to a stop near my gate and I exited the cab, as I closed the door, i saw the gleaming eyes of Rose just staring at me. It felt a bit weird but still I waved out to her wishing her a good bye. Like before, she just kept staring.

For the next couple of days, she started to feel comfortable around us and without a fraction of seconds, she was finally part of our group. We enjoyed talking to each other. We made fun of each other and about too. It went on for about a week. But the only disadvantage was that, we could only see her in the cab at night on our way home. Apparently, we figured that she must be from a separate building or something.

The days have never been very much sweeter, the life of the floor became filled with ecstasy and sexual desires that were brought on by the various passionate kisses done by David and his girlfriend. Apparently, David has become very popular among the girls except for Rose as say what you wish but I could always tell that she had some feelings for me. Yet I didn't think of it any more.

Like always, we gathered up in the cab. Rose was there waiting for us. We jumped in and in a fraction of minutes the cab was outside the gate of the company and it began its trip home. After a couple of miles, we came upon a tunnel like we always do. Its beauty was beyond words and as we were riding under this magnificent tunnel, the pale orange light began to glow on the cab. The cab was almost in darkness. When.... We heard a scream that almost made our ears bleed and without sign or warning, we began to get scratched and cuts on our arms. We looked back to look at Rose as we were concerned about her. 

As we turned, we could see no one sitting there. We called out for her, with that noise the driver looked towards us and he was confused. But as we all turned towards the front. We could see Rose standing with her body covered in mud her eyes were glowing white. The car was heading towards her. With no sign from stopping from the driver, the car just went through her and the shocking part was that we never it her at all. We were scared to death. Our phones were not working. The car was giving a lot of trouble to start, yet the driver never stopped trying to start it. Suddenly...

We began to see a figure, walking down alone the tunnel and heading towards us. The closer it got, the more we could hear, the more we could see. It was getting closer and closer until it was about a half a mile away from us. We could do nothing but close our eyes and pray for the best. We were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the car stopping, we quickly jumped into the car and rode off. We looked back and we saw nobody.

We began to panic. The fear of what we saw could be defined as death taking one step at a time to reach you. It was terrifying. The driver kept on driving. When suddenly, we heard a noise above the car. We closed the windows, we sat tight. As we looked behind, we meet eyes to eyes with Rose's white eyes, black hair that is drenched in blood, her clothes were covered with spots of blood and worst of all her tongue was cut off.

She just sat there staring at us. With that kind of horror. Both Clinton and I fell unconscious. When we regained it, we woke up on the side of the road. Clinton was just next to me. We looked around and we could see the car turned upside down. We ran towards it and we found the driver. Matthew and David was just barely breathing. We brought them out of the totaled cab. We looked around for supplies. When we started to hear strange sounds from around us and there were nothing but a few amount of trees, hardly worth being called the woods. Yet we could see a figure coming towards us again. This time it was faster, It came at us with a rage that you would never wish to deal with again. It shook the ground on where we stood. It instilled fear in us like ever before.

Luckily before it could get to us, a car came towards us and pick us up and took us to a hospital. All of us were exhausted and we just fell asleep. The next few days we began to get better. The best part was that we four were in the same room. We began talking about what happened that night and well David told us that, as we fell unconscious, Rose began hurting us and we were bruised up and mostly she caused a lot of harm to the driver and me.

We were then suddenly interrupted by my friend who was in the HR coming in with the papers that I requested. We opened the file only to find out that, the woman Rose was raped and murdered by two men a year ago and the police never found the culprits. Just then.....

"I am sorry guys... This is all because of me......The people that were with her her was the driver and me.. We did not mean for that to happen... It just took place... She wanted to do so when the driver took it a little too far.. I did not hurt her.... He did. I am sorry." He confessed.

" What? Why didn't you tell me this?" How could you be so......" I remarked.

"I never recognized Rose since the day we met her in the cab as it has been about a year since we last saw her . It was only at the time when she attacked us that I remembered that. She was in my head,  helping me remember what happened that night. I am truly sorry guys..." David interrupted.

Just then, the doors became locked and the lights began to flicker and in a matter of seconds, We could see Rose standing at the end of the room and just then within a blink of an eye. She charged upon David.. tearing his body into pieces.

We fell down flat on the ground, filled with horror and just like that. Rose disappeared into thin air....

After this happened, we were taken in custody and later we were proven as "Not Guilty." But from then till now.. They couldn't find the killer. But we knew.... We are still frequently visited by Rose who helps us in need and treats us as a friend to rely on. This is the ultimate result. I hope I was able to make people realize that you must never rape, kill, murder any one. As it is not natural and woman do deserve respect....



© 2016 Darkswing


Author's Note

Darkswing
Any corrections. Please let me know. As with your help. The stories will get more exciting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story. I especially liked the beginning of it, and I also like what you're expressing with it (that women need respect, etc.)

Here are a few things I noticed while reading:

- "with a while sleeveless" - would it be 'white'?

- Often you describe things instead of showing them to us. Try not to state facts, like 'filled with a friendly attitude', but express these things through speech and actions of characters (and maybe description of the setting).

- I didn't understand the transition from their first meeting with Rose to them becoming friends. It seemed like she didn't want to talk to them at all. So when and how did that change? Maybe you could add that moment in the story/ show us how they became friends.

- Towards the end, when they're in the cab, they are suddenly on the side of the road, and then an ambulance comes. When do they get out of the cab? That part was a bit confusing to me.

Other than that, good work - keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Darkswing

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much... You are right..... I may have not added any details in between.... I will add s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016

Author

Darkswing
Darkswing

Secunderabad, Telangana, India



About
Greetings, I bid thee welcome, ladies and gents to know a little something about me. Here are some of the words you can use to describe me with : Solitary Author (In Progress) Horror Fanati.. more..

Writing