Barn Story

Barn Story

A Story by Corazon Nozaroc
"

A short story i wrote for a class (IF ANYONE CAN THINK OF A TITLE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED)

"

Barn Story

            Drake gripped the rusty old handle to the barn and pulled with all his might as the giant door slowly groans open.  I see lily’s scattered around the floor and a million candles all around like stars reminding me of our first date.

            The sweet smell of candles mixed with the smell of lily’s all around.  Smiling, dancing, laughing, and talking is all we do letting the world drift away as we are lost in the barn together.  I remember thinking it is one of the best days of my life.  I slowly drift back to reality out of the amazing memory.

            He takes my hand and slowly leads me to the table full with wonderful smells of spaghetti and breadsticks. I smile because he cooked my favorite meal.  Then I notice a beautiful note next to my plate that says, “To my beautiful Lilly, the perfect girl to be with  on a night as beautiful as this.  Love, Drake.”

            I sigh with joy as he dishes up the food smells just teasing me to dig in before he is done.  I can’t help but think how amazing he is and how lucky I am.  As we sit and enjoy the meal a little kitten tumbles into the barn.  We laugh as it sniffs at the hay and runs off to find something to play with and we go back to eating staring into each other’s eyes.

            All of a sudden I see flames licking the walls around us.  We look into each other’s eyes realizing the candles must have toppled over and the panic sets in as we run for the door but its covered in flames.  Desperately we look around for another exit as the smoke gets thicker and thicker chocking us.  All of a sudden he collapses into a heap on the ground.  I let out a silent scream and run towards him falling to the ground next to his limp body.  I shake him hoping he will wake up when I find a box.  In the box is a beautiful ring and I know I have to find a way out for him. 

Suddenly I see the stairs to the hay loft and I quickly get up and run up them.  There appears to be no way out when I see a sliver of light.  I crawl towards it and pry it open and there it is open air.  I think about how I love drake and I jump.  The air rushes through me as I fall silently to the ground.  Then I hit the ground, hearing my bones shatter.  My body screams in agony and I let out a cry of pain.

Memories flash before my eyes of smiles, laughter, fun, joy, and love as I feel the tears slowly spill out of the corners of my eyes.  Tears of  pain and sorrow.  I hear dogs howling in the distance looking for their lost family, I hear the trees groaning all around me and the wind blows silently through them, and I hear the crackle of the fire in the barn as it laughs at me knowing it has won this time.

I start fading out as I hear screams in the distance my eyes going black barley hanging on to conciseness as I hear thuds of footfalls running towards the barn.  The water spraying it fighting for us.  I think about Drake and how much I love him one last time as I fade into the blackness of the other side.

 

© 2012 Corazon Nozaroc


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012

Author

Corazon Nozaroc
Corazon Nozaroc

Coralville, IA



About
Just a girl hoping to be an author one of these days i know my writing isn't perfect but neither am i more..

Writing