Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Megs O

The wind snaked through the bosky forest, carrying a strange aura into the Southern lands of Sabirena.  The essence carried a bloody fragrance that stained the South Pack's border.  A howl filled with the air, so arduous and horrid.  The din of the agonizing howl accrued from a hollow cave as a large, sable wolf bellowed.  Whimpers were replied to the cry as two other large brutes surrounded the sable she-wolf.  "Will she make it?" One of the brutes demanded, its  massive cayon eyes widen.  The other brute, a large, musky brown wolf, replied with a snap, "Patience Atakapa!  Choula is a strong wolf, she'll survive."  The harsh tone of the reddish wolf simmered down as a cry sounded from Choula as a ball of silver slipped out and was placed by her stomach.  Choula whimpered as one more ball of fur, a red color, plopped out of Choula.
     A pair of auric eyes gleamed from a nearby thicket as a sand color body was attached to it.  A growled rose from the sand color wolf as its eyes were now locked on a jet- black wolf that stood behind her.  "Caddo, its now time to take in a Learner.  Choula has two healthy pups that would do just nicely." The sand she-wolf stated as her eyes locked into the jet-black's icy, blue gaze.  Whisps of cold air rushed out of his muzzle as the ebony wolf sighed, holding its muzzle high.  "Kai-nai, I've explained this before.  Our Ancestors will send us a sign for the next Caddo.Caddo's tail whipped the wind, sending a harsh breeze past Kai-nai as she watched her soul-mate eye the two bundles of fur that squirmed at Choula's stomach.
     "Kai-nai, I want our pack to to flourish under a firm, astute Caddo, but if our Ancestors haven't sent us a signal then there's nothing I can do about it." Caddo growled before padding away from the scene, and away from Kai-naiKai-nai watched as her soul mate padded away from her, but her gaze lead her Choula and her pups as she overheard their Healer speaking.  "Two healthy brutes.  They'll be fine if they have the requirement they need, which is already here.  Give me a howl if something goes wrong." With that, the musky brown wolf trotted back to a different massive cave where he grunted before stepping into the darkness.
     Kai-nai exposed herself form her hiding compass before bounding over to Atakapa who's eyes never left the two pups.  Atakapa lifted his ears as he spotted the din of Kai-nai's paw steps coming closer towards him.  He dipped his head in a greeting before replying,"What did Caddo say?" Anxious, Atakapa was eagar to find out of one of his sons would train with CaddoKai-nai's soft aureate eyes gazed into Atakapa's as she slowly shook her head.  She sighed,"Our Ancestors haven't chosen who be train with Caddo yet.  Though, its strange why they still haven't decided." She explained as her mind whirled with thoughts she pondered on.  "I hate to say, but Caddo is growing older and I fear our Ancestors will run out of time."
     Saying this stung Kai-nai for she has once doubted her Ancestors who watched her from up above, in Yahmeh.  "What are they're names?" Kai-nai suddenly asked as she peered at the little bundles of fur who had their backs turn away from her.  Choula smiled as she peered down at her sons before answering Kai-nai's question.  Choula's tail brushed against the silver colored brute.  "This is Tafari, meaning powerful."  Her tail then traveled to the red colored pup.  "This is Samson, meaning strength."
     Caddo's royal eyes gleamed from the Great Rock which watched over the camp, his massive ebony body laid over it.  His ears pricked as he heard the names, Tafari and Samson.  "Tafari and Samson."  He repeated in a low tone as his eyes trailed to the sky as he stared up at his Ancestors.  Would one of them be worthy enough to take over as Caddo in the future?      


© 2011 Megs O


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on November 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011


Author

Megs O
Megs O

Unknown, CA



About
Hello, my name is Megan, of course. I'm a alluring, altruistic, blithe, bountiful girl who's quite the author. Writing, it's like drawing/painting an image onto a piece of paper, expressing my every.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Revealed Chapter 1 Revealed

A Chapter by Megs O


The New Life The New Life

A Book by Megs O


Characters Characters

A Chapter by Megs O