Eye of the storm

Eye of the storm

A Chapter by Cosmik


Greetings. This is Captain Cosmik of the Artimus. 

I am keeping this diary, and have thus instructed my crew to do the same, so that in the event that we do not return from this odyssey that has seemed to allude us for years, someone...somewhere will know what happened to us.

I have heard murmurs say that Sinnow Island is cursed. Some say it is because a monster lurks beneath the waves, others believe that ghost ships summon great storms that swallow any ship that gets near it's shore, beckoning the souls of the recently deceased to protect whatever treasures rest within the womb of the great Isle.

One thing is for sure though. No Ship has ever been recorded returning from Sinnow Island. Often, I have asked myself why I would sail headlong into what by many is considered certain death, and why my crew would do the same. Unfortunately the answer, it would seem, Is neither heroic nor satisfying. Some might say hat they do it for the wealth, or fame that would be granted upon their arrival, others... There is no one or... nowhere to return to.

It would seem that the billowing charcoal like clouds above, set my co-captain into another nervous fit; Of which inspired him to pace back and forth between the rocking deck of the Artimus. 


Pascal, is his name. He's a clumsy, wreck of a man, but has a mind for predicting scenarios like no other. I'd be lying if his rising nerves didn't get to me a little but I tried my best to hide it behind points of authority when I barked sharp, but respectful orders to my crew.


I remember Pascal asking:
"C-c-captain? No ship has ever m-made it into the eye of the s-s-storm...What m-makes you think we will?


and once more I explained his own plan back to him. With our strategy of following the wind currents and splitting our command we would keep the crew running like a well oiled machine, and come out on top. Although I only succeeded in making the man run his fingers through his shaggy red hair, a thing he did when he found himself disagreeing without wanting to do so verbally."

 It wasn't long after, that the waves began to grow into frightful fists of froth that battered the sides of the Artimus with little care for it's health and that was our cue for Pascal and I to quickly wish each other luck as he moved into the belly of the ship to keep tabs on Gulliver, Vera, and Hensley. It was up to me to make sure that Diedrin, Jullian and Benny on the deck were safe, and collected.



…………………..


The light around us began to dim as the clouds brought forth a foreboding darkness that turned the white Artimus into beacon of light within the ever growing presence of all consuming black, only subdued by the cracks of lightning above. Now was my moment, and I had to act quick. If I could assign a single task to each of the upper crew members what would I choose? I knew I only had one chance...


© 2019 Cosmik


Author's Note

Cosmik
All pictures are for reference only and belong to their respective owners. <3

This story is an experimental choose your own adventure! leave a comment below to influence the story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on May 24, 2019
Last Updated on May 24, 2019
Tags: Sailing, Sail, Captain, crew, Ocean, waves, story, choose, your, own, adventure, storm


Author

Cosmik
Cosmik

Lynnwood, WA



About
Hello! My name is cosmik and I am doing an experimental choose your own adventure story that is influenced by you! In this profile you will see a story post! In between each post you will be able to c.. more..

Writing