Darkness Beckons Thee

Darkness Beckons Thee

A Poem by Cousitarian
"

Always will there be temptation. Always will there be shadows for you to see. Always will there be a certain voice in your head that urges you to go ahead and do it... and why not? You're in the dark.

"

Darkness Beckons Thee Back…


My love, don’t deny the truth from me and don’t deny it from yourself. To do so is sad beyond description. To do is unbelievably arrogant. To do so has no point in the slightest.


This world of ours, everything as well as every person in it such as yourself, cannot be serious. You honestly believe you can look down upon me? You think you’re finally out of my reach?


Oh… but you’re not. You’ll never ever be. So come. Come to me like you did the many times previously.


What? You actually claim that you’re better than I? You say that the light shines more on you than it did the first time you wanted me? What nonsense.


What happened to those nights when you spoke to me alone? What happened to those nights when you needed to vent? What happened to you? Stop this falseness.


No, I’m afraid I must disagree with your little display of defiance, dearest. You have come to me before in the past and you can’t resist forever.


Oh? You’re going to just forget me, are you?


So, you’re going to forget the comfort you took within my shadows? The solace it provided you from what you hated most?


Supposedly, you’re going to leave behind the memories of the victories you claimed with my assistance?


You’re going to simply live as if you never took life, spilled blood, nor was a monster?


Heh, very well. That sounds entertaining enough.


You may believe things as you like. However, a fine word of wisdom to one my favorites among favorites… the light you covet knows otherwise. It is much too cruel to forgive traitors.


Someday, sometime, somewhere, the light you take comfort in now is going to make you pay for what you’ve done when with me.


You’re a traitor on that side, my friend. There is no denying it and, no matter what you do, you’ll remain untrustworthy there. Slowly, at first, you’ll be rejected. Then, faster and faster, reality will come crashing down upon you and then… it’ll be right back to me again, won’t it?


Light is hated by your kind for a reason, dear. It brings things into illumination and that is why souls like yourself, the ones who don’t want certain things known, remain with me for so very long.


Nonetheless, it’s not too late. I helped you stay comfortable. I will still help you.


No? Oh, I understand you “think” you won’t need me anymore. However, being as old as this twisted world of yours, I believe I am fully aware of what I’m talking about and you, a fragile nothing, doesn’t.


Thus, go on, live this little crusade against me while you still can.


I will wait here. I will watch here. I will expect you here and, someday, you will come back.


Do not argue with me. You know, deep down, I am right.


Once those like you have had a taste of the certain freedom I provide, be it good or ill, the freedom to be whatever you wish… they never forget it. They can never leave it.


You’re nothing special. You’re no champion of light. You’re merely a stranded, tainted abomination.

If you will not come back now, that doesn’t matter. You will regain yourself eventually. You will return to my shadows.


Oh, yes, you will. For, even now you see, you know I am never wrong… because when have I been wrong?


Never. You cannot give me an answer and never will be able to.


I await your return, dearest. Enjoy this little charade. Enjoy your ignorance. You will be back. That, I can guarantee.

© 2012 Cousitarian


Author's Note

Cousitarian
This is really a rough draft of the conversation I pictured one of my troubled main characters having with himself. He's a necromancer who tries to do what's right with his powers but his beloved, a false impersonation of the evil inside himself, continuously tries to make him into what he doesn't want to be. Just an interesting thing to thrown onto here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Never. You cannot give me an answer and never will be able to.




I await your return, dearest. Enjoy this little charade. Enjoy your ignorance. You will be back. That, I can guarantee."
I felt the power of your words and persuation. A splendid one...:)



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cousitarian

10 Years Ago

This poem was based on a everyday struggle; the struggle in every mortals' hearts. When someone stop.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Good to know...You are welcome...:)



Reviews

"Never. You cannot give me an answer and never will be able to.




I await your return, dearest. Enjoy this little charade. Enjoy your ignorance. You will be back. That, I can guarantee."
I felt the power of your words and persuation. A splendid one...:)



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cousitarian

10 Years Ago

This poem was based on a everyday struggle; the struggle in every mortals' hearts. When someone stop.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Good to know...You are welcome...:)
This was impressively written. The darkness can be so persuasive sometimes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cousitarian

11 Years Ago

Ah, yes it can. I mean, you're in the dark. Who's gonna see you? Well, anyway, this was based for a .. read more
Joan*Eckhart

11 Years Ago

It was my pleasure.
Love the cynical voice, and the persistence of the darkness. Though there were a few grammatical errors in the first two segments it was well written. I can see you really enjoy conversions between people and I liked how you told us what the other person was saying without saying it. Let us help those who seek the light, for only together can we lift each other out of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cousitarian

11 Years Ago

Yes, very well said. The point of this work - which I did for a troubled soul listed above - was to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on December 25, 2012
Tags: Emotion, Fantasy, Darkness, Poem

Author

Cousitarian
Cousitarian

MI



About
Not the best, not the worst, at writing. Not old but young. Full of inspiration, imagination but not enough experience to make it big. It's not the money I work for nor ever really will. What I do is .. more..

Writing
Prologue... Prologue...

A Chapter by Cousitarian


Preface Preface

A Chapter by Cousitarian