Chapter 8: Seeing Red

Chapter 8: Seeing Red

A Chapter by CowboyAustin
"

Kid and Michelle make it out of the construction site.

"

Kid threw his head back into the overweight member's face, crushing his nose, and forcing one of his teeth to rip through his bottom lip. Surprisingly, the beast of a Dominator only let out a grunt, but didn't loosen his grip. Kid's eyes were still locked onto the leader's own. “I'm going to enjoy crushing your throat!” the Dominator yelled into his ear, squeezing tighter.


Kid's face twisted into pure anger. He bent his head as far forward as he could, before slamming it back again as many times possible.


The rage permeating from him frightened Michelle, who was struggling to stay conscious.


He could hear the leader laughing hysterically. He was enjoying the show, excited to see what happened next. The gorilla Kid's head was bashing was yelping in pain now, having his nose smashed repeatedly. His grip around Kid's neck loosened, barely, but enough for his feet to make contact with the ground again. The second the soles of his boots touched the mud, he brought his right knee up to his chest, before thrusting it into the brute's leg with every ounce of force he could gather in that short distance.


The Dominator's leg snapped back with a gruesome crunch. He let go of Kid and fell to his side, trying as hard as he could to break it back into place, all while crying like a child. Kid's eyes found the leader's again. Somewhere in all of that, he'd finally stopped laughing like an idiot. He looked to his last comrade. The Dominator looked back and forth between his leader and Kid, trying to decide if it was even worth it after seeing all the damage the crazy Angel could dish out. “What do I do, Jeff?” he asked his leader, afraid to break eye contact with Kid. Every ounce of faux eloquence was gone.


“What do you mean what do you do? Get him!”


After a few seconds of more looking back and forth, he finally let Michelle go and just went for it. She dropped to the ground, holding her throat and coughing hard.. He slowly started towards Kid, who was already almost in front of him and moving on nothing but primal fury. When the Dominator was in range, he swung on Kid, only for Kid to duck and counter with a punch to the stomach. The entire time, his eyes never left Jeff's. The Dominator crouched, gasping heavily for air that never seemed to come, like he and Michelle had just minutes before.


Kid grabbed him by the jaw and threw him to the ground. His back hit the wet ground with a nasty thud. He stomped on his face twice, before kicking his cheek like he was kicking the winning goal in a soccer game. Jeff grabbed Michelle and held her in front of himself as a human shield. “I'm not scared of you, Angel!” he screamed as lightning flashed across the sky.


“Let her go,” Kid said with an eerie calmness.


“Why don't you come and get her, huh?” he yelled, rapidly licking his lips.


Kid took a step forward, and Jeff shoved Michelle towards him. Kid caught her just as she started to slip. Jeff charged at him, holding the pipe high in the air as if he were attacking with a sword. Kid moved Michelle behind him and braced himself. Jeff swung the pipe as hard as he could, but Kid just caught it mid swing, forcing him to stop dead in his tracks and sport the stupidest look he had ever seen.


Kid easily wrenched the weapon out of his hands. Jeff was visibly terrified. He put both hands up and back away. When he opened his mouth to speak, Kid swung the pipe, catching him in the side of the head. He hit the ground and rolled a few times. Kid walked over to him and started hitting his limp body with the pipe as hard as he could. After a few good hits, Michelle ran over to him. “Stop!” she screamed, grabbing his arm. “You're going to kill him!”


“Yeah, I am,” he replied with that same calm voice.


“No, that's not you. If you kill him, then everything you've gone through tonight will be for nothing, and you'll be no better than the rest of the creeps out there you're tying to get away from.”


Kid watched Jeff cough up blood and try to squirm away. The anger controlling him slowly subsided. The Dominator looked pathetic. He would survive, but he wouldn't be causing trouble for anyone else anytime soon, which was better than nothing. Kid finally turned away from him. The pipe in his hand was completely bent and useless, so he let it drop at his feet. Michelle let out a deep sigh and looked up at the rainy night sky, letting a little smile form on her face. “Let's go,” Kid said, heading towards the exit. “And wipe that goofy look off of your face.”


“Yeah, yeah,” she retorted, opting instead to keep the “goofy” look.



A few blocks later, the rain finally let up a bit. The two were walking down the sidewalk of an empty street surrounded by buildings of all shapes and sizes. “I think I recognize some of these,” Kid said, craning his neck to look up at the huge skyscraper next to them.


“I know I do,” Michelle said with a huge grin.


“Great, how far away is your boyfriend's house from here?” he asked, glancing around at more of the buildings.


“Maybe an hour, hour and a half?”


“Well, that's good enough, I guess,” he said.


“So, I've been meaning to ask you... how did you even get into this whole mess?”


“Ha, that's kind of a lengthy story,” he said, smiling weakly.


“Good thing all we have right now is time then, huh?”


He exhaled sharply. “Guess you're right. Okay, it pretty much starts like this...”



© 2014 CowboyAustin


Author's Note

CowboyAustin
Chapter 8. Hope you enjoy, any feedback of any kind is greatly appreciated, as it helps me improve, and lets me know my story has possibly entertained, or even wasted your time. (hopefully that's not the case though)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on November 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 29, 2014
Tags: gang, fighting, action, Kid, Michelle, survival


Author

CowboyAustin
CowboyAustin

Paragould, AR



About
Just a regular 31 year old guy trying to get better at writing, and get it all out into the world. Like everyone always says, if you want to know anything else, just ask. Also, I know my stuff is pret.. more..

Writing