Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
So You Figured Out The World?

So You Figured Out The World?

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man
"

A poem on vanity. On how many of us refuse to listen to other's perspective or positions on certain issues.

"

 

 

So You Figured Out the World?

So You Figured Out the World Christians?
The world was made in 7 days
Eve gave Adam an Apple
The world became decayed
That was just an example

So You Figured Out The World Muslims
Mohammed  says  to pray 5 times a day
Towards East you must pray
When your life is at an end
72 virgins will be at your command

So You Figured Out The World Conservatives?
Abortion is wrong
You sing the same song
But When War Comes
You're quick to strap on Arms

So You Figured Out The World Liberals?
Women have the right to choose
If their child lives or dies
But the child doesn't have a choice
if he lives or dies

So You Figured Out the World Atheists?
God does not exist
So you must always insist
That Religion is wicked

So You Figured Out the World Religious?
God does exist
So you must always insist
that without religion we are wicked

So we must wonder why?
Why are we so different?
Does any of it make sense?
When I put in my 2 Cents?
Don't you wanna listen?
Or you can't comprehend?
The meaning of our existence
We can't even understand
When debates reach a dead end

 

© 2009 Crazy Cat Man


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'll start by saying i really enjoy the concept of this poem. i also liked the inversions of the conservative and religious stanzas. there are a couple of grammatical things that struck me as odd, like not putting an S on the two times you say die in the liberal stanza. also the sentence 'so you figured out the world religious" is kind of awkward. all in all i think it's an intriguing write, and my favorite stanza is the first one, i really like the way you captured the essence of the judeo-christian tradition in two lines: "eve gave adam an apple/ the world became decayed"
love that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is great, I really like the title it draws you in from the outside to a humorous and serious piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this, I have the same views as you. It was very intriguing.
Keep writing! You're good!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear The Reviewer,

A nice write. You are absolutely right about the absolutism of people. It is one of Man's most hideous qualities. And the root of absolutism is intellectual deceit. People constantly lie to themselves. They speak in absolutes when they know they have not examined their positions carefully. And worse, they don't want to know. They are afraid to find out they are wrong. So instead of thinking, they surround themselves with likeminded people to give them support. They take more time buying a used car, examining the pros and cons, than in examining their world view. Unfortunately people are not intellectually honest with themselves or they'd know that most things of an absolute nature like religion, human rights, liberty, freedom, equality, etc., are up for grabs. These are things for examination and cautious discussion, not things on which to take an absolute and blind stand.

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately, we humans don't hear this enough.

Kindest regards,

Rick

Posted 15 Years Ago


We've talked about this. Sore throats and headaches man. But you know how I feel about this. Writing is the safest place to keep you opinions and affiliations. Yes I like it teehee

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting.Cool.

Posted 15 Years Ago


AMEN! Openmindedness is an asset not many value, unfortunately. I'm glad I learned it somewhere along my path. I'd like to think this will make the ones you speak of think twice.... but those walls sure are hard to bang down when in place for so long. I despise those who think they know it all, have the market cornered, blah blah blah. Mindless sheep does not equal righteousness, does it?? Yeah, I didn't think so either!! Excellent piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Now this intrique me to the very end. This has shown every aspects of different religions.
You are amazing I like your writes here. This one i am bookmarking. Very thought out write here.
You have style as well as speak of truth and I really like this. Thansk for your views on the different aspects of religion. I really like this cause I went from an athiest to beliving in god. So i got into this write. Yo umake sense here. Thanks for shedding some light here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting thoughts.
In fact no one is entirely right, because what may be right ot me may be wrong to you and visa verse...
I really enjoyed this poem, it has such a powerful message, if you listen to it, you may think again before insisting that YOUR belief is right etc.

I don't know which is right and which is wrong, or if they are all right or all wrong... I guess with religion and the afterlife you just have to wait and see... with abortion it's a lot more difficult and I am sure there always will be people who thinks it is okay and people who thinks it's a sin

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us :)
Have a nice day

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

interesting take on religion and government --


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'll listen and try to comprehend what your saying. ;)
You did a brilliant write. I so happy I can on here to read this piece. I love the message you wrote
It's amazing how many things we believe and don't believe in. We tend to be followers a lot more then leaders. I can say you hit it on the dot!

Much respect n love,
Anna

please send me your writings anytime. I would to review more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 1, 2009
Last Updated on February 1, 2009

Author

Crazy Cat Man
Crazy Cat Man

New York, NY



About
these are my favorite poems that I have done Letter To Keira KnightleyA Poem by The Reviewer Everybody's CrazyA Poem by The Reviewer Cradle Of Filth - Lilith Immaculate Dimmu Borgir - Ga.. more..

Writing
Racism Racism

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man