Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee

     "5 more minutes until band" I whispered to myself, staring at the clock in my fourth period class. Miss Cluster kept going on and on about the cold war, which I honestly did not care about. 
     "15 more seconds.." The bell finally rings. I basically jump out of my seat and met my friend Brianna waiting for me outside of the classroom door. 
     "Why does she keep you in so late?" she asked while we technically ran down the hallway and up the stairs to my locker. 
     "I don't even know, I don't even know" I reply putting in my combination. I quick glance to my right and I see him. Gabriel West. I've had a crush on him since last year, when I saw him at the band concert. He's beautiful. He's a tall boy, approximately more than 5'4 with fair, tan skin. Gabriel has color changing eyes. One day they might be grey, another day they would be blue, and another day they'd be green. His hair is short, but a light brown/dirty blonde kind of color.
     Brianna nudged my elbow really hard which made me drop my books. 
     "Great going Eliza" I told myself, "that's the only way you'll ever get his attention; by dropping your Social Studies book. I finally opened my locker after three or four tries, and grabbed my materials needed for my fifth period class. Then, Brianna and I walked to the band room. 
     "He looked your way you know" she winked at me. 
     "Yes," I replied sarcastically, "he's going to love me because I dropped my social studies book in front of him. I don't think that's how it works."
     "We'll see about that!" she jokingly replied.
     As we walked into the band room, I spotted my best friend in 8th grade; Carmen Hills. Carmen has short, curly brown hair. She has dark brown eyes, just like me, and she has a unique sense of style. She's very energetic and a bit of a derp, but that's okay. That's how we get along!
     "HEY GIRL HEY!" she shouted from across the room. As soon as she shouted I noticed Gabriel was there too, and he looked my way. I wanted to impress him so I replied to Carmen by saying "HEYYY!" That caused him to laugh. Was he laughing at me? Or was he laughing because he thought I was funny? The world may never know. 
     Carmen came over to me and gave me a great hug, said something about the music we were learning, and went back to where she got her flute to talk to Gabriel. I will admit, even though she is my best friend, I always have been a bit jealous of Carmen. She is really good friends with Gabriel. I wish I could just go up to him and say hi. But I know that I'll never have the courage to do that.
     I took a seat next to a girl name Lila. She always needs to share music with me, because she always leaves her folder at home. Irresponsibility much? Other than that, she is a funny and great person to talk to. Next to me is my other friend Annie. Carmen, Annie, and I are all really close. If only Gabriel was in that list of people I'm close to. I quickly turned my head and spotted Gabriel behind me. His eyes are a beautiful bright blue. I love them so much! When he noticed me looking at him, I always turned my head or pretend I'm looking at the section of instruments behind him. 

     By the end of practice, Carmen and Annie are having a conversation with Gabriel. I'm just standing there, staring at his beautiful face. It's funny because he didn't even notice. At that point, i was feeling really jealous. I wish I could say hi, but I can't. I just don't have the nerve to speak around him. My voice never comes out. He has that effect on me. I think he has that effect on everyone. 


© 2013 osnapitzlainee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on March 23, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2013


Author

osnapitzlainee
osnapitzlainee

Whitehall , PA



About
I write stories ;* more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by osnapitzlainee