Winter Touch

Winter Touch

A Story by Caleb
"

This isn't complete yet, but I do want to know what you think so far.

"

I don’t like winter for one reason…my parents died about this time of year. I had a tough time dealing with it always getting in trouble with my grandparents. They decided to take me in when my parents died, and I always gave them so much trouble. When I look back, I now think that I owe my grandparents everything. They raised me with care, and they were always stern with me when I got out of hand. That didn't really matter, though, as soon as I started high school, I became a disrespectful teenager. I never listened to them, and I always was calling them cruel names. This kept happening until I made the biggest mistake of my life. In high school I had the biggest crush on this girl, but she was, of course, dating the high school jock. I now look back and say I had your typical high school crush. You had the outcast (me) who had a crush on the cute girl, who, in turn was dating the high school joke. That is what I thought, anyway. He was the the captain of the football team, but he was dumber than a rock. Most of the time, I think the teachers passed him because his father was rich and on the school board. I always thought how fun it would be to put him in his place. Then one day it happened. I thought that she was really asking me out on a date, but she wasn't. I didn't know that the guy I hated the most was just setting me up. I met her outside of the school, and then we walked to the lake outside of town. When we got there she said that she had to go to the bathroom, so I waited. That is when I was hit in the back of the head by him. They kept attacking me in a group, so I wasn't able to defend myself. I kept yelling for them to stop, but they just kept hitting me until I blacked out. I woke up and every one of them was on the ground. I was hoping they weren't dead; they weren't. I stood up after that, and then I saw the girl who helped me. She walked towards me and grabbed  my hand. I then woke up in a mansion not knowing how I got here.





“And that is how you ended up here.”

“My name you ask well that I can’t tell you for a name is powerful, and only those who I deem fit are able to call me by name. For now you can call me Balavan.”

Balavan had a weird look to him. He was tall, and had hair that seemed to glow like moonlight. His face was that of a battled hardened warrior, and his eyes had the color of a blood moon. While his expression, was that of a motionless statue.

“May I ask your name for it has been years since a human has been here.”

“Ah! Who was I kidding. I forgot that I didn't give you, mine so you can’t give me yours, even if you wanted.”

“How about I call you Ianunir.”

“What does it mean well Ianunir means young warrior.”

“What am I,well, even I don’t know that.”

After Balavan talked to me I went upstairs where the girl went. I never thought about it until now, but Balavan seemed to have this glassy ‘faraway’ look to him. I finally got upstairs  where a bunch of guards stood in front of this huge bronze door. I carefully walked passed the guards, but I could of sworn that one of them growled at me. This did not bother me for long because I eventually saw the girl, but as soon as she saw me she ran. It wasn't like a person who is scared type running. It is more like she was playing with me, but then, I finally noticed how beautiful she was. She had the most stunning black hair that flowed down her back, and her eyes could make any man fall for her. Her eyes radiated a wonderful blue color, like that of the ocean on a bright summer afternoon.

“Wait, I just want to talk.”

After I said this she looked back at me, smiled, and then she ran into a room. What was weird about this, was that I never even noticed the room there until she ran into it, almost like it just appeared there. I ran up to the door and went to open it when I heard a booming voice in my mind.



Cad ba mhaith leat”

This took me by surprise for I didn't know who was talking to me, or what language they were talking in. Then I heard the voice again, but this time they were right next to me.

“What do you want.”

I turned pale for I realized this person walked up to me without making a sound. I eventually got my composure and was able to talk.

“I…. want to know where I am, so I need to talk to the girl behind this door.”

I saw the eyes of this man all of a sudden glow when I mentioned the girl.

“You will not go in there unless you are permitted to do so by my lord!”

I immediately backed away for I could feel his eyes burning my skin.When I was far enough from the door he returned to being very docile.

“May I speak to your lord then please because he might be able to help me.”

© 2015 Caleb


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on December 4, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2015

Author

Caleb
Caleb

Roberts, MT



About
I am new to this so please don't judge me to much. I am 17 and have been writing for only a few months. I hope to get better so please give me any pointers if you can. more..

Writing
Cursed Man Cursed Man

A Poem by Caleb