Side Effect

Side Effect

A Story by Caleb

Clouded Mind

The drugs start to cloud Ashers mind as he grabs the purse and runs away leaving the person on the floor to die. All he can think about right now is when he can get his next fix. Then Asher turns into an ally bumping into someone that looks like him. “Look at us.” It says this with such hateful scorn. “When did we lose ourselves? When did we relinquish control of our own morals so that we could just get high one more time?” It steps closer and closer to him. “How could we stab our friend and then run of with her purse!” Little by little Asher started to back away from it hoping this was all just some nightmare. “I am no nightmare; I am you, your conscience standing here to show you about your stupidity! Faline was there for you every day and yet you stabbed her. She even admitted that she loved you, yet you still stabbed her!” Asher backed into a wall that had just appeared behind him. “You aren't escaping from me!” It grabbed him and stared straight at him. “I will be taking control of us from now on and you will be nowhere to be found.” He struggled as best he could, but all his efforts were in vain as it started to take over his body. A tear ran down his face when he woke up in the alley. He thought that seeing himself was a dream, but it felt so weird. He went to go to his friends house and talk to her about everything, but when he was a few blocks away the police were at her house. He quietly walked up around the house and was able to find an open window to listen in. “We’re sorry to tell you this miss, but your daughter was found stabbed last night. She is still alive, but she is in critical condition.” As he heard this his heart stopped. It wasn't all a dream. He really did stab her. “Your daughter is at St. Vincent’s. You need to hurry.” He ran home and got into his car and drove as fast as he could to go see her. He was able to beat her parents there.  “Um, excuse me nurse where can I find my friend Faline?” The nurse was very quiet at first, but she eventually responded. “Y...Your friend didn't make it. She had lost so much blood before she got here that we couldn't save her in time.” Asher backed away slowly. “No that can’t be true just…just tell me where she is.”  Asher didn't even wait for the nurse’s reply. He rushed passed her down the hall to see Faline's body being moved. Her face was still sticking out of the white blanket they put on the bodies they move to the morgue. He noticed that her expression was still filled with horror because of his betrayal. After noticing all this he finally realized that it was his drug abuse that killed her. Later that day he turned himself into the police and admitted to everything, but when he looked at his reflection in the window it seemed to smile at him.  

© 2015 Caleb


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was a really great read, I could really feel the emotion put into this. It helps give the story a whole new life in my opinion.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chilling story that shows how a drug addiction can take over someone to the point that they become someone else. I suppose it's probably true that a violent act such as this is sobering. Very tragic.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Caleb

9 Years Ago

Thanks this was something that touched close to home because my brother was addicted to drugs for a .. read more
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

You're welcome, I hope he's better now.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2015
Last Updated on January 28, 2015
Tags: tragedy, fiction, boggling

Author

Caleb
Caleb

Roberts, MT



About
I am new to this so please don't judge me to much. I am 17 and have been writing for only a few months. I hope to get better so please give me any pointers if you can. more..

Writing
Cursed Man Cursed Man

A Poem by Caleb





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5