1     Amethyst

1 Amethyst

A Chapter by Crisp By Nature

It was Amey’s 16th birthday. There was cake, jelly and ice cream, balloons too. Her Ma and Robert were there. Her Da too - her real one, although Robert insisted on calling himself Daddy just because he was married to Ma.


Everyone was in the kitchen, laughing and swapping stories, when Amey suddenly grew very tired. She stepped into the hall and took a deep breath.


“Amethyst,” it was her Da, who always used her real name even though she hated it, “I’ve got you something.” Amey turned to see her Da, kneeling with something hidden behind his back.


“Happy birthday, my shining diamond,” he said to her, and pulled the object from behind his back. “This is for you,” he was cradling a potted plant in his large hands.


Amey hugged her Da and held up the plant, admiring its green, tongue-like leaves, and the buds which would surely become flowers soon. “She’s an orchid,” he explained, “it is said that this plant contains the soul of Octavia, once powerful queen of the underworld, who came to Earth to rule with flame and torture. Legend has it, she was thwarted by a brave young man by the name of Jean-Pierre Delaroc, way before you or me were born, and that she will return some day to get revenge on his descendants…”


“You’re silly Da,” giggled Amey, and hugged him tight once more.



© 2015 Crisp By Nature


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on March 31, 2015
Last Updated on March 31, 2015


Author

Crisp By Nature
Crisp By Nature

United Kingdom



About
Hello! I mostly write nonsensical poemlets for my friends and colleagues, but I figure it's time to get serious (ha!) more..

Writing