This writing has been deleted.
I

I

A Chapter by Hazel Euy
"

chapter one

"

Hi, I’m Taylor Logan, and this is my story.

Exactly one year, three months, two days, five hours, and thirteen minutes ago, I woke up  from a terrible dream. It was not a nightmare. It was not a dreamy dream.

 It was a terrible dream.

The ones where it was a beautiful dream that you would never want to happen, but desire it        the same.

Keep these numbers in your head. 132513.

After I woke up from that terrible, but beautiful dream,It was like any other day , any other day.

The smell of cinnamon toast on a sweet Saturday.

Notice that I said Mom’s house, not Mom and Dad’s house, because my father is dream god. More about that later. Anyways, I sat down on my chair, and melted because buttery cinnamon toast was sitting on my china plate.

Now, of course you don’t know about dream gods.

I am guessing that you want to ,now.

They don’t want you to know, see, or hear them.

I am half dream god.

Only half. My mother also knows about dream gods, but she’s a human. Since my mother is a human, and my father a dream god, I am a hream.

What I know about my father is wee, but what I know about hreams is microscopicly small.

Yes. I know that microscopicly is not a word but I can make up words. I am a hream.

I know that hreams are extremely rare, and I am one of about two hundred. There are more than three hundred thousand dream gods, so if one is watching your dream, you are extremely lucky . Remember that I was sitting in the house, eating my yummy cinnamon toast breakfast? I blinked once. In a speed faster than light, I was in The Dream. The Dream is a place only dream gods and hreams go. Very ,very ,very, fortunate humans also visit. Once every uh, 132,513 years. Very lucky that dream gods are immortal...  I ,on the other hand, am also immortal. Most dream gods stop aging at 48, I , on the other hand, because once again, I mention I am only half. So I will stop aging at 24. Anyways, That would be my first time going to The Dream. Heaven. What do you think it looks like? Beautiful fluffy white clouds, wings, angelic kind people? That is what The Dream will look like to you. Emerald green palm trees, sipping coconut juice , watching the wonderful beach waves? The Dream is your Heaven. When a mortal human visits The Dream, it will just be a normal dream to them. They will forget it as soon as it ends. Sadly.

Coming back to one year, three months, two weeks, five hours, and thirteen minutes ago, my version of The Dream looked like cotton candy clouds, gummy trees, logs made out of delicious chocolate bars filled with marshmellowy goodness and sweet relief… Maybe, Yes I love sweets..  Anyways, every version of The Dream has a Factual Base, a Destroyer, and a Benefit Lab. These names have almost nothing to do with what they are for.  The Factual Office is kind of like the White House in The World. ( The World is what we call here.) It is a massive office, with dream gods lurking every nook and cranny. You will never know if a object is an actual solid object, or a strange soul that inhabits it when Destroyed

by the Destroyer.

I know this because when I went to my Factual Base, a clock started shrieking at me to “keep it down, and don’t look at her”. Another instance is when I started a spell when a stamp started stamping itself and bawled at me to “ go easy on the ears, my nose is almost flat”. As if the nose  is visible.  Usually, Hypnos and his son Morpheus is also there in the Main Office to “do work”. I spoke to Morpheus myself, He’s rather quite nice and has a sense of humor. Oh, and about that very very terrible dream I had, I like to reckon it was a  half Dream. The half Dream is a dream that only hreams have. Half Dreams  are really quite normal, hreams have them about 14 a week. What my father likes to tell me about Half Dreams  is that you are half conscious  while having them. Back to The Dream.  I hear a member of the Factual Staff proclaim this statement,” You are being moved to the The Other Dream. Stay calm and do not move,” I freeze. Only criminals have members of The Other Dream visit them. All members of The Other Dream look exactly the same, to prevent personality development. They are dressed in a navy blue suit, with a gray and light blue tie. Their hair look rather neat, buzzcut with bleached tips. Their shoes are boring, a dark black, if a darker black is possible. He spoke again. “Please stay calm, You are being moved to the Other Dream,” He repeated. Another thing about members of The Other Dream is that they always have a dark, sad look on their faces, as if dark had clouded their minds.  In a moment's time, gray clouds surrounded me and levitated me up .Up. Up. When you go up in The World, you go to space. When you go up in The Dream, you leave the dimension and appear in The Other Dream. Yes, I know, dream gods are so creative at naming things and worlds aren’t they? Anyways , The Other Dream is like the opposite of The  Dream, and it is the same for everyone.


As I appear in The Other Dream, I ponder on what crime so terrible that I did to get here. I mean, I only the only crimes I did in the last year was : get a B in Math, not put dishes in the dishwasher, forget the laundry once or twice,  and the ABSOLUTE worst: lose my Student ID and forget my homework at home on the SAME day. Oh yeah, and maybe anger a few of my dad’s friends by insulting them. Insulting is very , very, very, offensive to dream gods. Just a few jokes, I promise you. Now, I will go on to tell you what The Other Dream looks like. After floating up from the ground, I landed. The ground is ice cold and burning hot at the same time. Which is NOT a good feeling. I also feel like the water is mixed with acid. While my eyes burned silently, my ears started doing these strange little movements as if demons were pulling on them. And demons leave small nail marks on your ears once they’re done.

Little red horror gods marched me to the Hactual Office, the Destroy All Things in Sight machine following a little bit behind. In The Other Dream you don’t get handcuffs, you get these little burny things that are invisible that bind your hands together until a member of the Factual Staff utters the spell of Frigus . Which is the opposite of the spell of Manus, the one that burny bindy your hands… Which is not good.


© 2016 Hazel Euy


Author's Note

Hazel Euy
ask away!

note* written for HONORS LANG ART

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good chapter! Great job on the creativity of explaining dreams :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on September 16, 2016
Last Updated on September 16, 2016


Author

Hazel Euy
Hazel Euy

CO



About
I'm a fellow DIYer,ice skater, artist, and I love the series-Harry Potter. *Hazel Euy is my pen name.( My first name is Emily.) more..

Writing
Don't Go Don't Go

A Poem by Hazel Euy