I Believe

I Believe

A Poem by Luke Masters
"

Well... I, ah... believe this stuff, I guess... What?

"

I BELIEVE

Reflective poem by Luke Masters, © 2010

 

I believe in truth above all else, except love.

I believe in God. Nothing makes sense without God.

I believe in my family. They provide the light and the proof to the statement above.

I believe in the power of Superheroes. They are the modern mythology disguising

   the Truth: that real heroes live amongst us and save us every day.

I believe in the power of cafe` lattes, espressos, mellochinos and all their cousins.  

   They save lives every day too.

I believe in the power of the human mind and spirit to persevere and to upturn the

   definitive laws of nature in order to survive and press on.

I believe in the power of positive thought and determination. It sees us through.

I believe in Prophets of all colours and creeds, religions and anti-religions. They

   point the way. All are wrong and all are right.  

I believe that love is the answer, but I don’t always know the right questions to

   ask.

I believe that the glass is not half empty or half full. It’s just twice as big as it needs

   to be.

I believe in the Dream of World Peace, but not world peace itself.

I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

I believe in their limitless potential.

I believe in the way my daughter looks at the world, how she chooses the

   wrapping over the present and the dummy cover over the dummy itself. I'd love

   to be so fascinated in paper, the rain and a carrot again.

I believe in the differences between us. They are the things that make us special.

I believe in one race - the human race - and the tapestry of colour and opinion that

   makes it up.

I believe in brake lights. Yes, brake lights. And seatbelts. And bike helmets.

   Especially bike helmets.

© 2010 Luke Masters


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very powerful and especially thought provoking. There's a very strength in each and every line, but I know now that you are someone who's still looking at the world and at the unlimited space through the eyes of a child, and that's exactly what makes life worth the ride. Never loose that special quality.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, and surely some lines will stay with me for a long time...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Definitely a good read with a good strong message. Quirky and amusing, though I thought it definitely could use some rephrasing - mostly to get it to flow better. Came off as less of a poem and more of an essay at parts, but still managed to keep the interest all the way through.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very powerful and especially thought provoking. There's a very strength in each and every line, but I know now that you are someone who's still looking at the world and at the unlimited space through the eyes of a child, and that's exactly what makes life worth the ride. Never loose that special quality.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, and surely some lines will stay with me for a long time...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2010
Last Updated on March 8, 2010

Author

Luke Masters
Luke Masters

Newcastle, Australia



About
I enjoy reading and writing, computer games and movies. I am a fan of the comic/graphic novel genre, along with the sci-fi/fantasy, action/adventure and comedy genres. Favourite band: Queen Favou.. more..

Writing
Family Family

A Poem by Luke Masters