Was It A Lie?

Was It A Lie?

A Poem by Crystal Marie Rome
"

This isn't the usual way I write but I am experiencing writer's block on all of my writing tubes... Please Comment! =)

"
You said you would come for me,
Was that a lie?

You said you would meet me outside the forest,
Was that a lie?

Because now I'm lost,
Lost inside the woods,
And I can't find my way out.

Everywhere I look,
I see only trees,
I see only green.

Was it a lie?
You saying that you would never let me get lost?

Was it a lie?
That you said you would come back?

Now I am lost,
And the sun is sinking below the horizon.
A star twinkles in the sky,
And I am still lost,
Inside the forest.

© 2011 Crystal Marie Rome


Author's Note

Crystal Marie Rome
Please Comment! =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
wow being lost is sucha frightening feeling where one fears the darkness which you show alot in your poem of frustration and confusion and the desire to know of answers, great poem! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is absolutely beautiful...i loved each and every line of it..amazing work!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my... This is a wonderful poem, Crystal Marie. :) Such an awful thing not only to be lost, but to be lied to. You feel betrayed, and now you've got to figure out how to face the future (and the light outside the forest) with a strong heart and mind. Good job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a nice poem. I wonder if it is in connection with your other writing work. Maybe your novel. I remember reading this somewhere: Most writers get writer's block. Suddenly your thought and ideas cease. One seems to have lost your concentration. You have no idea what to write. It is scary, especially when you are in the middle of writing a long novel. What you should do is sit in any peaceful place. Try to be creative : You can introduce anything in your work(probably a novel). Really anything (maybe a piece of wood, a weird stone, or a sword) : this is your world after all. However it must fit into your story well. You may consult a good friend or your teacher or your siblings or your cousins( It may be anyone) . Or try something else you like to do for a while. You may sometimes(When you are free) just lazily dream about your story by putting yourself into the place of any character in it- maybe the protagonist or the antagonist or other characters. This really helps. Let me know if this helps. I hope you come up with some nice ideas soon!! Keep writing and do your best.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Being lost is a scary thing, especially if someone promised to come for you and they didn't. You'd start worrying, thinking: why wasn't he/she here?!!! Writer's block is annoying. It annoys me so much because it's like you're writing but suddenly you lose your style. When I get writer's block, everything I write is choppy and short and outline-ish instead of my usual play of words and long description.

Posted 12 Years Ago


interesting so many possible interpretation so many reasons he did not come
Ps I don't believe in writers block

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 4, 2011

Author

Crystal Marie Rome
Crystal Marie Rome

Barre, VT



About
Hello! I'm Crystal Marie (Marie is not my middle name it is part of my first name) ! I love reading and writing and I've been trying to do my best at both of those things. My three favorite animal are.. more..

Writing