Teenagers

Teenagers

A Poem by Shiningwolf
"

How adults see teenagers. One perspective.

"

Here come the devils,

Or so some presume

When actually its us,

Trying to make a new.

 

We are ugly, stupid, worthless trash.

Or is that really us?

Words that leave a gash?

 

Expected to do this or that,

Trying to make us pefect,

Trying to get us on track.

 

Humans is what we are.

Tis what we shall ever be.

We are equal to you.

We will become free.

 

We are expected to fail,

Not like a perfect dream.

For when there is hell

They always blame the teen.

© 2011 Shiningwolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

although I realize that some adults view teens in this way, sometimes, it is the teen who percieves this. We expect to be judged harshly, because that is what we ourselves do as well, we are human. And although it feels like when something goes wrong, or when a bad thing happens, it feels like the adults always blame us. Really, if you think about it, adults see so very much of this world. They are meant to be responsible, they are supposed to be reasonable. Yet, when all hell breaks loose, though we may, as children, feel like they blame us. Really they shelter us, they may say "oh those darn kids" but what theyre really saying most of the time is "theyre kids, and still learning, how were they to know?" or "those darn kids, just pushing their boundaries to see how far they can go before they fall".
I do also realize that sometimes that "fall" can be harsh and unforgiving. But trust me, there are worse things then blame.
Your good at poetry though, good pov. keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is so accurate. I know that not everyone is like how you described, but too many of them are. I can't really pinpoint any little thing that I like, the entire thing rests on the same level. You're a good poet, keep writing! =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Of course I know this. Just sometimes I know most people at my age think sometimes this way. At least 1 time in their life. I thought I would write those feelings down. But thank you for your review! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am sorry this is how you feel adults view teenagers. I hope you know not everyone feels that way.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 16, 2011
Last Updated on February 16, 2011

Author

Shiningwolf
Shiningwolf

Mustang, OK



About
My name is Crystal. I am 23 years old. I am who I am. I am just a girl trying to traverse through the challenges of this life. I write to express myself and to create art that has meaning. more..

Writing