The Generation of Children

The Generation of Children

A Story by Shiningwolf

           What does my life mean to the common man? Let's say I am a artist or maybe a sportsplayer. It will not make a difference what I am. I am mocked everyday in this life, in this world. My stories lay hidden beneath the strong. The people that show off. Hidden talents that are small are not recognized anymore. You have to prove yourself in this world. How do I know this? It's because I am a dreamer and an artist.

             I sit back everyday in school. Watching everyone laugh at jokes I do not understand. Their humor is considered dull to me. The teachers ramble on about topics that I couldn't care less about. I am intelligent around these children. That is at least how I see it through my eyes. I stand a part of this generation. My age mocks me. Cutting off each little line of nerves.

              Ever since I was born I was told I was special. Granted I am unique and special in some ways. Unfortunally, the age that my brain thinks surpasses my generation. My creativity and my outlook on life differ from the common children. It has always been like this. I am now in high school and problems are becoming worse.

               What good is it to be smart and talented when you feel aweful? I maybe talented and unique but I am alone. Various problems rule my life. I look at this world with a horrid expression. The fighting and mocking with children. The hurtful words that are thrown. The immaturity of the generations. Watching everyone act like animals makes me sick.

                I am not the popular kid at my school. Nor do I have a boyfriend like everyone talks about. I am cursed to walk this land with wisdom that amazes me. Having to wait for the younger generation to see what I see is difficult. I don't mean think the way I do, because that is impossible. I mean start thinking like a wise one. Instead of only thinking of the small frame. Think of the wider picture. I maybe in high school, but everyone seems like little children still.

                  I hate being alone. It burns down deep into my core. Driving me to the point of insanity. I cannot vent to anyone. No one understands my logic. Nor do they really care. It's all about dating and gossip. I will never understand the game that these people play. It's not just children either sadly. Watching my neighborhood and the world around me I constantly see the same thing in adults.

They are no better than the children. In fact, you could say they are children themselves.

                  I stand alone against everyone it seems. My ideas are shunned and fall on deaf ears. Every once in a while I will notice a moment of maturity in the people around me. Then they revert back to their idiot nature. Is everyone cursed to live this life? It stumps me.

                  I guess you could say I try to be like one of them. My thinking is useless. If I could find that one person to understand my ideas maybe I wouldn't feel so lonely....I want to fit in. Even though it goes against my values. I want to not feel lonliness....I want people to notice me...I want to be loved....

© 2011 Shiningwolf


Author's Note

Shiningwolf
Yes this narrator in this story, is me. These are my feelings. I needed something to vent, these are not my best of times. I am trapped in my generation. I hope you all like my story though. I love you all for your reviews! Never stop writing and achieve your dreams.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was brilliant, your a great story writer, I was going to mention how good your use of the word vent was, and then I saw you had put this into your authors note, I could have gone on reading, had there been...... more? Thanks.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Once upon a time a nice man in a white coat with a lot of degrees hanging on the wall behind his desk had a conversation with me. The conversation was about the struggle for those of higher intelligence to find their way in a world built for the average. There's a correlation between heightened cognitive capacity and depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders. Basically, what this psychologist was trying to tell me was, "you're fucked, get used to it." I may not have a PhD, but you seem sharp enough that you probably should hear this from someone and have a little validation for your feelings. You're fucked, get used to it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You are noticed and loved through your words my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sometimes in being unique you have to just trust the right situations will evolve around you in time.. Be patient and kind despite the ugly that happens around you. You shine just as you are .. xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on April 6, 2011

Author

Shiningwolf
Shiningwolf

Mustang, OK



About
My name is Crystal. I am 23 years old. I am who I am. I am just a girl trying to traverse through the challenges of this life. I write to express myself and to create art that has meaning. more..

Writing