A Simple Smile

A Simple Smile

A Story by Shiningwolf

     In a world so cold she still finds a reason to smile. A smile, that only is visible to her. A faint but beautiful smile that the world shuns in hate and utter despair. Who is she? Who is this girl that sits alone on the path of life and death?

     A simple little girl is the answer. No she is not special, nor magical. She is a simple city girl that sits on her porch everyday and just watches. She sees more than we will ever notice. A little girl, not young enough to be a child, nor old enough to be a woman. Trapped in a mind of old but body of young. What she knows, could unravel the secrets of the world.

     What is it she sees? She sits everyday, and just watches the world around her. To her, everything makes sense. She is not a genius, nor a gifted child. She is just a open minded thinker. An artist, you could say.

      In a world so cold, she can find warmth. When hell will come and destroy everything, she laughs. A child's laugh of wonderment. She sees people's ignorance. She sees people's weaknesses. However most of all, she can see hope. Hope is not something you would normally think, but she does. She can see a magical place full of the Earth's creatures and imagination.

     The sun and moon, the clouds and stars, the yin and yang. Opposites do attract. This statement she knows. For everything is not so different. She knows that people stress, and that stress turns to anger, and anger leads to hate, hate leads to...you fill in the blanks.

      She laughs at the face of danger. She carries on in hard times. She always has a smile. A smile that is blind. Blindness from the world. Yet visible at the same time. She knows...who is she? Nothing but a simple girl.

© 2011 Shiningwolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is fantastic. wow. i'm so glad that i found your page.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A beautiful piece and beautifully written. Simple and descriptive at the same time. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is unbeiveable it was so phanominal i cant belive how good this was i read it and it talked about me i am on my pourch right now and it is me !! i dont know how to explain but wow... it was pricless

Posted 12 Years Ago


All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great message in this story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I say that allot and so this makes me smile. A friend said for being such a simple woman your the most complex one I've ever known.. The mysteries of earth and of who we are balance us between both worlds.. I really enjoyed this..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

607 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on September 21, 2011

Author

Shiningwolf
Shiningwolf

Mustang, OK



About
My name is Crystal. I am 23 years old. I am who I am. I am just a girl trying to traverse through the challenges of this life. I write to express myself and to create art that has meaning. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


fleeting fleeting

A Poem by jkhatz