Possible Tale

Possible Tale

A Story by Jason Stott

The night was dark. The Waning Crescent Moon offered little light, which was blackened by the storm. The wind blew harshly, and the rain fell with it. But in the dark of night, the wet of the storm, a torch glows dimly in the distance. A traveler, seeking shelter, walked upon the well-used road, mere meters away from the lake.

            As the storm raged on, the traveler kept walking, kept thinking about how he must get to some shelter until the storm abates. The man kept walking, off the road, and onto a bridge. He crossed- and stopped halfway. The man turns around in confusion. “Hello?” he calls out. He looks out into darkness but saw nothing. Until- “Hello?” a woman's voice called out, from nowhere in particular. The man, still confused, called out again. “Hello? Is someone out there?” Minutes passed before he heard a response. “Oh?” The feminine voice called back.  Forget it,” he thought. “She can find her own shelter.”  The man turned around, and saw the most horrific thing off the side of the bridge - A massive serpent with the wings of a hawk and a woman's head- had risen up from the rushing waters of the river, and was looking down on the traveler. Terrified, the man started into a sprint- he was running for life. Behind him, he heard the creature say “Oh?” and start running behind him- which scared him even more. The man ran as fast as he could, until he was pushed over. The man, stunned, took a second to turn around, to find where the creature was, assuming it had followed him. He saw no sight of the creature, but a woman instead. She approached the traveler, who was scared shitless, and said one word: “Oh?” The man screamed in fear, as her head shriveled up and turned into the head of a snake. Her wings grew out her back, and she fell to her knees, as she began to devour the traveler. The man felt a burning sensation in his ribs- where the beast bit into him, and screamed again- not in fear this time, but in pain and agony instead.

© 2020 Jason Stott


Author's Note

Jason Stott
For the first time in a long time, I had a night gaunt. I woke up violently, and just started writing. If I could get some critique in this first bit, that would be fantastic.
Thanks :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on February 20, 2020
Last Updated on February 20, 2020
Tags: horror, adventure

Author

Jason Stott
Jason Stott

About
Hello there. My name is Jason Stott. I'm a 17 year old dude that writes when he's bored. I like writing and reading, and I play trombone. more..

Writing
Waking up Waking up

A Chapter by Jason Stott


The Fight The Fight

A Chapter by Jason Stott


Escape Escape

A Chapter by Jason Stott