Chapter 1: The Boy With Green Eyes

Chapter 1: The Boy With Green Eyes

A Chapter by Penelope Presley
"

A Strangers Help

"

Cover and Character Photo Credit: Elizabeth135 (on Wattpad, name: Elizabeth Gonzalez)

Hi, I'm Scarlett Stryker and I'm new to town...

It's my first day and my dad and I have been unpacking for a while now. But the joyfulness of a new house doesn't last long.

"Could you just hear me out for once? If you go and introduce yourself now, it won't be so awkward when you go to her office after school tomorrow." My dad begged, holding a lamp in one hand and bubble wrap in the other. This 'her' character he's speaking of is my new psychologist, Ms. Foster.

"I know dad, but please don't make me go. This isn't fair! How creepy would it be if I go meet her first thing when I get to town?!" I complain and cross my arms, refusing to help any further till this fight is settled, or at least till I win.

"It wouldn't!" He exclaimed, looking around the house trying to find a spot for the lamp. "You're the one who even told me, 'First thing I do when I get to town, is meet her, don't worry dad,'" he says, failing horribly at mimicking my voice.

I'm taken aback as I squint in confusion, "I never said that?"

"Yeah well, it would've been nice if you did." He mumbles, and I tilt my head giving him a look. "I'm sorry sweetie but this is a great way for you to open up to this town, or at least to Ms. Foster." He smiles widely as he proudly sets the lamp down on the table by the couch, "What do you think?"

"I hate this!" I yell and return to unpacking.

"I thought it'd make for a good place to read?" He frowns picking up the lamp again.

"Not the lamp, dad, my life." I look at him as he sets the lamp back down, "I just don't get it, and do I really have to? This soon?"

"For you? The sooner, the better." He reaches into his pocket and hands me a card, "This is the address, you'll be doing both of us a huge favor by just saying hi to the woman." He kisses my forehead and continues to open another box, "Plus, if you start practicing the route now, you may not get lost as often."

I tend to never win these arguments, I shut my eyes tight and groan, "Fine! But I'm not doing this for you or for me. It's for all the fish in the ocean who are trapped with their irrational fathers who make them go to fishy psychologists!"

"Ok, love you, bye. Don't get lost." He says, completely shrugging me off.

"That's it?" I say placing my hands on my hips.

"Oh, I'm sorry? Here's the key," he reaches into his pocket once more, "And since you most likely will get lost, don't forget your phone." He says, returning to the boxes.

I narrow my eyebrows and walk away angrily towards the door, "Fine then! And for your information, I hope I do get lost! At least then I won't have to meet her and you'll feel guilty for ever thinking of this idea!" I grab the door handle and open the door.

"Doubtful," I hear him sing behind me before shutting the door.

I roll my eyes and begin walking toward the Medical Health Department, carefully reading the address on the card.

Once my feet get too tired to keep walking, I look around for about a minute or two. Affirmative, I'm lost.

My dad told the place was very close to my house, so I either made the wrong turn or my dad and I have two very different definitions of 'close'.

As I'm reading the signs on the streets and the card in my hand, I curse at myself for forgetting my phone after my dad told me not to. After a moment I hear someone behind say, "You lost?"

I quickly turn around to see a boy with dark green eyes and black hair, I look at him slightly confused, "What?"

He gives me a look of slight irritation and disinterest as he says, "I said, are you lost?"

"U-Um, yeah I'm lost, but just a little lost. But still lost, maybe you could help me find the way? Only if you want to though, because I wouldn't force you or anything, like why would I force you? Wow I'm rambling" I shut myself up

His eyes widen a little but he seems to be amused, "Well, I can't just walk by someone who looks lost, plus, it feels about the right time to help someone" he slightly smiles.

"Feels?" I ask in a mumble, which, he clearly ignores.

"So are you going to tell me where you're headed?" He asks

"Oh yeah," I say and show him the card, completely forgetting the name is on the card as well.

"You go to the mental hospital?" He raises a brow.

I suddenly realize what I've done and instantly begin to panic, "Oh no, you don't understand! I mean I do, but I'm not crazy. I go there to see my psychologist but-"

"Ms. Foster?" he asks, now raising both eyebrows.

"Yeah, I..." I take a slight step back, "How did you-?" Before I finish asking my question, he cuts me off once more.

"She's this way come on" he begins to lead the way

He is utterly confused if he thinks I won't ask again, "Thanks, so how do you know her exactly?" It's clear to see he's walking at a fast pace, I just can't tell if it's because he doesn't want to answer my question or if he's just eager to leave.

"Hmm" he looks in deep thought, "I just know her."

It begins to bother me that he won't tell me, we seem to be around the same age and yet the only people I would show such vagueness toward would be an adult, "Yes, but how? I won't judge you, I'm seeing her right now."

He shakes his head "No, I'm sorry it simply wouldn't feel right."

That word again, "Feel?" I ask again, much louder than I did the first time.

He stops walking and points to a building next to us, "I almost passed it," he says turning toward the building, "This is it." As I open my mouth to thank him once more, he speaks up again, "I've got to go, I need to check on something." He mumbles nervously and walks back down the sidewalk.

I scoff, completely confused but he doesn't seem to care.

He jogs across the street as he says "Bye."

I look at him cross the road, watching him leave. I don't understand how strange people can be and yet I'm the one going to therapy. I turn to open the door before realizing, I never asked for his name?



© 2017 Penelope Presley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on June 25, 2017
Last Updated on June 25, 2017
Tags: Psychologist, Lost, Green eyes, Boy


Author

Penelope Presley
Penelope Presley

Miami, FL



About
I just want to tell stories you'll enjoy reading, and that I'll enjoy writing. ~A Cup of Quirk a day, keeps the doctor away.~ more..

Writing