It was an autumn night

It was an autumn night

A Poem by Kim Ross
"

I wrote this poem last night, after experiencing true beauty in the fall. I experienced vuneralbility, and concern and it inspired this poem, I hope you like it and I hope you can connect to it.

"

It was an autumn night, cool and breezy. The wind bristled through the trees, and the light of the night shined through the limbs of dried trees. As the wind blew through dead leaves, they all came flying in on one accord, to the cemented ground. Together we named stars in the night sky. Our lips embraced, through time and hours, full of passion, not wanting to devour. Simplicity, yet full of hope. We were trying to look into our future, using a microscope. We told each other our thoughts, and we told each other our feelings, being open and revealing. Afraid and careful of our words, not wanting to puncture or bruise, both of us not wanting to lose. Open and naked we poured emotions. In that moment, in that time of our lives, we were together, and we were quiet, and we were secret, and it was ours. I cannot foresee tomorrow, but in that second I was content, because I was in your arms, and I was able to vent. I closed my eyes and held on tight. I closed my eyes, and we kissed on an autumn night.

© 2012 Kim Ross


Author's Note

Kim Ross
I hope you can visit that night with me through this poem, and experience my emotions. Be blessed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i could.

and i also felt a past rise up in me...i have had a few of those nights...met someone at a get together...and we just connected, sat and talked for hours, bonded in the short time...and then the kiss...maybe just one...but it was seal, what told us we would remember this moment all our lives.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kim Ross

11 Years Ago

Wow Jacob, I am pleased to know that you connected to this poem in such a way. Thank you for your re.. read more



Reviews

So sweet and romantic... I remember those nights. But it does require an effort to retrieve those old rolodex memories. Nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kim Ross

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much...
i could.

and i also felt a past rise up in me...i have had a few of those nights...met someone at a get together...and we just connected, sat and talked for hours, bonded in the short time...and then the kiss...maybe just one...but it was seal, what told us we would remember this moment all our lives.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kim Ross

11 Years Ago

Wow Jacob, I am pleased to know that you connected to this poem in such a way. Thank you for your re.. read more
This is one of my favorite peices, I hope you enjoy.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 12, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012

Author

Kim Ross
Kim Ross

Houston, TX



About
I am an inspiring poet. I live love. I love living. I hope, I pray, I laugh, I cry, I am women, I am me. I am free. more..

Writing