Holy War

Holy War

A Poem by Nasty Nincompoop
"

fun about god and the devil

"

                                               

The devil was bored and sat back in a haze, thinking of the ways he could play with his days.

Raising his head with a crazed look in his gaze, feeling worthy of praise,

He would raze the whole dimension to the next phase!

  Not to mention His name, but only one was to blame.

So his goal was to maim, perhaps with flame.  That was his game!

  Before it was too late, his date with fate involved nothing but hate.  That was his trait!

The “Good Ole’ Deity” ejaculated or sharted humans onto this alien zoo,

Surely the ‘2nd Coming’ will be when everyone’s taking a poo.

Higher where there’s no fire, angels sing in a choir, straits aren’t dire, and the ruler’s no liar. 

  Time for show biz, the moment was his!  One quiz remaining for the diabolical whiz, how to get God to run out of fizz?

  With good reason he called upon his legions of demons from every region. Twas the season for treason!

  “This is War!” the evil lord roared soaring with armies galore to the one place they were banned to tour, but just couldn’t ignore.  Rotten to the core, he attacked the folklore gate door, demons poured in ready to explore, and the angels hit the floor.

  The battle became heated, everything destroyed, all angels retreated, the devil was over-joyed!

God was defeated and looked annoyed, devil wanted his treat, god’s seat, his true ploy!

  Ah but all this was a trap for which the devil had been sent, to teach him there are better ways to vent.

For it was the time of lent and devil needed to repent.  God forgave him, and the devil was spent.

  He apologized profusely and started to cry.  He swore to be good with the wink of his eye.

Telling God he must have been high, he really wasn’t a terrible guy.  Another lie.

He even asked God to call it a tie!  God just sighed, and flicked him goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

© 2020 Nasty Nincompoop


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on August 6, 2020
Last Updated on August 6, 2020

Author

Nasty Nincompoop
Nasty Nincompoop

Laniakea super cluster, Virgo galaxy cluster, Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, holocene epoch, modern age, VA



Writing