The Reviver

The Reviver

A Story by DarlingDarjeeling
"

This is merely the summary to a bigger piece I wrote to prompt me to write more for it.

"

In a future where Earth is no longer habitable to humans after several gruesome wars, a group of scientists flee into space in a ship containing thousands of dead bodies. They start a process of ‘reviving’ the bodies while in their ship as they send small teams to new planets in hopes of finding a new home.

The people ‘revived’ are nearly the same people they were on Earth, but they lack access to their memories. In the space station they're brought back to life in, they don’t question the process and instead glorify the five people known as the Revivers.

The Revivers were the first five brought back from the dead and are the only ones capable of restoring life to the dead. Their goal is to bring back as many people as they can so that they can bring a stable human population to a new planet.

The most experienced of the Revivers finds himself in a troublesome situation when one of the bodies he brings back wakes up with a problem; she remembers exactly who she is and knows very well what’s going on.

The Reviver finds himself assisting her on a journey to get the passengers back to Earth and remind them all of what humanity really is.

© 2017 DarlingDarjeeling


Author's Note

DarlingDarjeeling
This is just a summary! What did you think of it though, would you read this piece based on the this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love is story, hoping you will add more to it, i do very much want to now what will happen.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really liked it very creative

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarlingDarjeeling

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the feedback!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 15, 2017
Last Updated on September 15, 2017
Tags: summary, science fiction, space

Author

DarlingDarjeeling
DarlingDarjeeling

TX



About
Hello! I'm trying to get started on writing some novels I've been planning out for quite a while now, so to transition into that I want to do a bunch of short stories. I want to share them here to .. more..

Writing