3 Cows

3 Cows

A Poem by DarlingDarjeeling
"

this one is more personal and most likely doesnt make much sense but oh well

"

4/11/17


The screen above the wheel reads 19:58 November 4 2017.

She looks anywhere but there and searches for a way to turn off the screen.

It’s light is the only obstacle from being able to see the moon in complete darkness from the comfortability of her car.

She glances back up at the moon.

It’s a full moon and it’s positively huge tonight.

The clouds that have ruined her plans for seeing the stars tonight are now trying to grab the moon and take it away as well.

She can tell she’ll only get one more clear view of the moon between the clouds before it’s swallowed up in their hands for the night.

She’s got a few minutes until then.

And in the meantime she’s got to figure out how to turn that screen off.

As she tears her view away from the moon she notices a plane coming down onto the runway a small distance away from her. She’s distracted by watching it land and zip away into the night, wondering how long it’ll be until she does that herself.

When she looks up again the moon has emerged from between the cloud’s fingers.

She watches in silence until it disappears again.

© 2017 DarlingDarjeeling


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on November 12, 2017
Last Updated on November 12, 2017
Tags: stars, Moon

Author

DarlingDarjeeling
DarlingDarjeeling

TX



About
Hello! I'm trying to get started on writing some novels I've been planning out for quite a while now, so to transition into that I want to do a bunch of short stories. I want to share them here to .. more..

Writing