Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Ellie Luck
"

Sacred, Believing, and Reason.

"
"Once upon a time there was an Evil man," read the book, and the boy was on his way to a new town now where his grandfather was taking him to go and live with his aunt. "...and the man was already too much in power and too believed to be taken out of power during his rein. So the people who worshiped him and the people who believed in him still were actually either all evil too or they were all simply too fooled to believe that there was any hope to turn to anyone else anyhow or to any other reason to believe there could be something sacred and powerful such as kindness." One day, a sharp bright ray beamed out through the heavens at all the people and everyone looked and everyone saw that here was something else to believe in, it was a powerful bright light from the sky and it shone it's way done on none other than a boy in a crowd one day while all were out to rally for a speech being delivered by the evil man in power. The boy was a charmer, and he smiled and winked. One old woman even saw much of the display of dalliers leaving their houses and walking by and would swear she didn't know where the boy had come from. He was small, but old enough to speak to people kindly, and he was blond with thin hair and had blue eyes, and what happened next could bemuse everybody. The boy spoke powerfully before the whole rally had truly gathered (and in this day and age they gathered around a stage where a leader would call out to his audience and had no microphone anyhow), and this is what he said: he said 'no one should be a slave, unless they are believed to be, the world is ours to save, see, look both near and far for endless possibilities to see who people are-- they are who they are, we should just let them be... free."
Emrin looked out from the carriage away from his book and he was puzzled. He imagined he was that boy for a moment and wanted to stand up and say something about someone being evil and running the whole town himself!
"The boy then disappeared. Many members of the town recalled the event later where the man who had spoken later was none other than the tyrannical town's governor, and he had no notice of any boy who ever spoke on his stage before making an appearance, but it was by the town's oracle, that the news was relayed to some who had heard that one day the boy would return as a man and he would be their new king." 
The boy looked out his window again and put down the book... whenever he was reading, he found that the book was going strange places and it puzzled him that there were so many things to be thinking about which took his mind to being more reasonable than to believe in the standards set forth by a book with disparaging children and evil kings or tyrannical leaders or whatever, and he didn't understand what sort of government this town had had. This book was so strange and crazy, sometimes he wasn't sure if the words on the very pages would stay the say if he had opened it and read from the beginning again, or he'd find that there were no old stories and all new stories with new morals and yet, crazy direction changes or it would tell you things like it was talking to you sometimes... so strange, sometimes, it was frustrating, so he put the book away, took out his glass and looked out the window at a distance at the horizon! It was a beautiful day, and yet the sun was going down, and it would seem that they would be getting to his aunts in the city (from out in the country) after dark.
It was not too long until his aunt would be taking him in and he would be asking her questions about his mother and father more, and now that he was older, she should tell him that they will be returning so very soon (he hoped). 


© 2016 Ellie Luck


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on October 20, 2016
Last Updated on October 20, 2016


Author

Ellie Luck
Ellie Luck

Twister Town, CA



About
I'm a publisher. more..

Writing
The Keys The Keys

A Story by Ellie Luck


Clear Clear

A Poem by Ellie Luck