Gift

Gift

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

About her...

"

          I am a divergent girl with a talent that I consider unique and playable.

          The story of the amazing hero that saves the day with their stunning and dumbfounding powers is something we all know. Someone like Superman, right? However he was from a different planet. I’m from your earth, your planet, your land; whatever you’d call it. I was synthesized together with a mind, body, a gift, along with a bit of curiosity.

          I was created by a couple: a couple with a strange gift. One of the couples, or the person I call dad has only been remembered and seen currently through my eyes. I can’t remember the mother. I know her only because of my dad’s brief explanations of her. Now that I read between the lines, it feels like she passed away.

          Their gift was exceptional from other people and from me. It is something they gained through years of their own practice and perseverance. Studying for years and years with one goal, and with that one goal, I was made into existence with a future ahead of me with my gift.

          This was a gift that was sealed with wrapping paper and ribbons thick and unbreakable like a diamond until I had finally had adequate training to break it and smash it open. Which didn’t take to long due to my lengthened memory, capacity of mind, and with my eyes that can see too clearly.

          With this wide mind and curiosity, I wanted to go to school and learn to socialize. With my long years of home schooling I was sick of staying inside the house now.

          I sat down on my bed and thought of an outfit. My mind went blank. I couldn’t get a perfect image for an outfit I wanted to wear.

           “Wear the T-shirt with your cardigan you got the other day and wear the blue shorts”

          Dad always seems to know when I dress up. It was as if there was a camera in my room. I shudder at the though.

          With my eyes still closed because of my unaccustomed waking time I flick my finger and the closet doors slammed open with a little too much force. My own mistake surprised me and it took out the sleepiness out of me.

          I motioned my hand. I thought of the image of the striped shirt in my mind and took it out of the closet. I glanced at the outfit and put it on, wondering why my dad was good with clothes.

          As I walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, I gathered my hair and tied it neatly with a comb in hand. Since I needed both hands to tie my hair I dropped the comb and instantly tied my hair. Before gravity could beat me I briskly snapped my fingers and thought of the bathroom in my head. The comb zipped through the long hallway and slammed into a door. Ops. I didn’t open the door. However, it slipped through a small opening between the door and floor. I opened the door and the comb was atop the sink counter.

          I put on my purple hair band and washed my face with cold water. I dried my face and brushed my teeth.

          I went if front of a mirror and saw my red-brown hair neatly tied up with a few hairs sticking out at my hairline. I stared down and leered at the two, unsightly and loathsome, red thing, and covered it with contacts. Being a Qualia is quite annoying.



© 2011 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
Hello! For those of you who read my story Code Breakers i hope you enjoy this more then CB. for those that didn't, please enjoy and i hope you await for my upcoming chapters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on September 26, 2011
Last Updated on October 1, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA



About
☆I'm just your average middle school girl☆ A bit about me... Well first off, I'm 100% Korean. I was born in America so I'm kinda bad at Korean :P... It's kinda hard to have a conversati.. more..

Writing
City Splendor City Splendor

A Chapter by Jennifer


Qualia Qualia

A Book by Jennifer