Detective Miles O'hara

Detective Miles O'hara

A Chapter by Dintan71
"

The case of Detective Miles O'hara

"
The Mystery of Salem
Detective Miles O'hara, Salem Oregon
Day 1
I'm detective Miles O'hara after working about five years in the marvelous town of Seattle, I left the town being the best detective of Seattle they ever had.
I was heading to the south, to San Francisco.
My plan is to build me a reputation there and grab some work experience.
It should be easy.
Let's do it
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon 1955
Day 2
Being in the city of Salem, Oregon I made a quick stop before heading to the Bay Area. But as arrived to the highway I ended up stopping nearby two people.
'Have you heard Mike, there is a new death in town' the stranger said.
'Yeah, it must have being pretty bad they say.'
'Of what I heard, they found three bodies.....awful.'
'Excuse me' I said 'Do you know were the police station is?' Oh god I sounded like awakening of a no so good hangover.
It's two blocks down the road, why do you ask.
None of your business, but thanks anyway. Good afternoon for both of you.
I hate hearing parts of conversation that have to do with crimes, because in the end I want to solve them.
This conversation lead me straight to the station. It was like a mixture of smoke and coffee.
'A home I thought' out loud.
'Hi, I'm Detective Miles O'hara, with whom am I speaking?'
' Very sorry, Mister O'hara, as you can see I'm kind of busy. You see there has been a Murder here.'
'I actually come from Seattle so, I'm new in town, I would like to talk with the Inspector.'
I was expecting an answer but as I saw the lady had already the phone in heard hand and was dialing the inspectors number.
'Thanks' I said in a rude way.
In the meantime of waiting to the inspector I observed and examined the Station. It was mostly just plain white and had nothing new to others stations, only that it had a whole pile of hundreds of unsolved cases lying in the desk behind the receptionist.
'Ah you must be Miles O'hara, I welcome you to the police station of the lovely town of Salem.'
'Thank you Inspector.....' I responded.
The inspector was a well build person with a pretty small stature but his voice made him look formidable.
'So, what can we do for you Detective?' he asked in a particular arrogant way.
'I notice some people outside, talking about some awful deaths that may have occurred here. So I headed here to confirm those rumors and whatsoever.' I said without any thought about how this one sentence could change all.
' Well detective, if you want to know more about this, you have to come back tomorrow and maybe, just maybe work for us to help us solve even more cases.'
'Well inspector I was actually headed to San Francisco and if I want to work here you have to talk with my supervisor'
'We will do anything it takes, as long you give us a phone call if you want to work here. Here is our number. Goodbye'
'Thanks and goodbye'
That was a little weird. I mean that Inspector offered me a job instantly as if they were short on staff, but the station told otherwise. Anyway I'am tired so let's go to sleep.
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon
PS: (503 959-5890) Station Number
Day 3
My second night in Salem was a mixture of nice sleep and constant thinking. I woke up making that phone call to the Inspector, as I said before hearing things about crimes always left me trying to resolve them. So I wanted to clarify things with the inspector, after hearing the first tones of the phone I already knew it wasn't gonna be easy.
'Amanda Paige, Police Station Salem with whom am I speaking?'
'Good morning here is Detective Miles O'hara, I would like to speak with the inspector. He asked me to call if I changed my mind.'
'One minute Detective I'm transferring you to the Inspector.'
'Thank you......' Oh man I couldn't even finish my sentence. That music rhythm while the transferring is so a stress maker. Hopefully it doesn't take that long.
'Inspector Morales with whom am I speaking'
'Detective Miles O'hara you asked me yesterday to call if I changed my mind about having a job as a police officer in Salem. And indeed I changed my mind I want a job here in Salem but you need to speak with my boss in San Francisco.'
'Detective Miles O'hara I can't remember telling you such thing but if you want a job with us please come to us around 12 pm. Goodbye'
'Goodbye', Well that was unexpected from the inspector why wouldn't he remember me. Anyway i still have around 3 hours till my interview at the Station.
So I'm going to check the town.
The Town of Salem around these days, was a pretty nice place to visit, even thought it kept a reputation of being home of the worst massacres in history of the USA. But I didn't saw anything about that. It was actually it was pretty quiet around 11 am just a few restaurants were open and nearly no shop was open.
After few hours of walking I went to the Station and it was as always the good smell of Home. I mean work.
This time the inspector came right away to meet me.
'Good morning inspector, how was your afternoon yesterday.'
'Not that good Detective, lot of work here, you see we still have dozens of unsolved “accidents” in this place.'
'Ah, so does the offer still stand afoot.'
'Yes, I just wanted to tell you, that the position for detective recently became vacant and that the job is all yours.'
'Thank you, may I ask, when do I start?'
'Miles you start tomorrow at 8 am, see you tomorrow.'
'Till tomorrow Inspector.'
Well that was strange, I didn't expect that I would receive a position for detective so easy. I wonder what they had to do to make the position vacant.'
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon
Day 4
In the last three days I began to wonder to the last words of the inspector. “Unsolved Accidents”. The only way to find out is going to the job and Let's wait.
I came to work at exactly 8 a clock in the Morning and went to the station and talked to the receptionist.
'Good Morning my name is Miles O'hara, who is my new partner and where do I start?'
'Good Morning Detective, the Inspector told us you were coming here and your new Partner is inside that room, she is waiting for you.'
So I went to the room at the end of the corridor and didn't expect that much, but there is nothing to lose.
The woman in that room, was definitely in his thirties, had plain blonde hair and was very beautiful.
'Good Morning, my name Miles O'hara, so I suppose you are my new partner.'
'Yes indeed, by the way my name is Kimberly Knight, in case you were wondering.', she said with a very low pitch voice.
'Nice to meet you', was the only thing that it occurred to me.'
'So were done we start and is it difficult here.?'
'Miles our first case is the one of the last detective, didn't you wondered why the job was vacant!' she shouted.
'Oh does it have to do with all the three murders I, just heard in the last three days, it must have been pretty damn awful.'
'Yes, the detective was murder about three days ago, so why don't we go to the morgue to inspect the dead bodies of the people.'
'Your right lets go.'
That's definitely unusual for a detective for being murder. It could have been just mere coincidence or maybe it was vengeance. But all those things are just first thoughts.
The morgue of the station was damn big for the town of Salem and it had a lot often of bodies lying around. The detective body laid at the very end of the room, as if nobody cared about him.
'Kimberly, do we know if the detective had any relatives of any kind, sisters, brothers, wife or lovers.'
'The detective had a brother who lives just a few blocks away, I would say we go talk to him after investigating the body.'
Heading to the body I noticed a strange smell of rancid food. Not good at all. But as I thought it came from the late detective.
The detective was a “big” person with no muscle and had burned red hair. As I looked to the nails he had them all black and the belly was a little bit of Grey. He lived a very unhealthy live. Disgusting.
'As I saw Kimberly the detective lived a very unhealthy live, don't you think, I mean by just looking at his nails or belly it tells all.'
'Well, at work we didn't notice anything, except that he ate food all the day long and didn't care what the others thought.'
'May I ask, did you visited him regularly, you looked damn shock about it that he died. Even though you keep saying that nobody cared about him or the same backwards.'
At the moment I saw Kimberly react to it. I knew that it would have been better not to ask the question. At that point many points began to flash through my brain. Like: secret lover, sister, dad, or even husband.
'I'm sorry but, this is not a reaction that I expected. But please put yourself together Knight!'
'Detective O'hara I forgot to tell you but the late detective was like a dad to me. He helped me to go through all my problems and I couldn't just go with that away.'
'I'm sorry but if you want to help him please lets solve this murder and Let's see the other bodies.'
The other bodies were lying right next to the one of the detective, but they had surely a contrast against the first one. They were slim, they both had no hair and they had something tattooed in their back. As if they belonged to a gang or something like that.
'Kimberly have we already found something about this two young man, as far as I can tell they belonged to a gang cause of their tattoo on the back.'
'We couldn't find any names that belongs to those bodies, but as you already saw those tattoos on the back belong to a dangerous Hell's Angel gang daughter in Salem.' she said as if she was a robot of the movies.
'Well Kimberly I would say we just finish up the report of the crime and tomorrow we will pay a visit to his brother and were going to check the house where he lived in.'
The report filling was easy and so I went straight up to a bar to drink a beer. This day was exhausting and disgusting. Let's hope we find the one who did this.
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon
Day 5
After arriving to the station, I saw my Co-Workers like in pain. Kimberly held a Paper on her hand was nearly crying.
'Miles, this paper came this morning from the Killer, but we can't understand any single word except the last three; it was me.'
'Kimberly what do you mean, that you only can understand any word except the last three.'
'Well as you see, it's written in cipher, and we just need the key.'
This paper was about one page long and it was just not good I thought:
'Yeen scdr'u hpd zguvlxolp al avw ctp zge mjl nalv Ajax twrwgyu wxtl engulf br ol. Cnw cz c wttuknz vogrx cyg omjlts vqtknz. Dbv mhtl qf mjhv ltvlt. Sh km aon geeing tg. I'f Ivan vv teece cfmgy c snejgslhbn whir far cuf lxvi uex km aon ehp ctvjj mx. Aver yccqrbvl Mainly Oa cuf br vog wta nq cagjm og aver bpzrevvvt, hx kz fybpn. Jaachj'
I mean, can you read it. This would we helpful if we just new the key.
'Well Kimberly, as we can see there is no time to lose, so let's go see the brother.'
'Right you are'
After exiting the station we went straight to the car and drove until we arrived to a house that was nearly falling apart. IS this his brother, he couldn't afford a real place to live in. I thought what could I ask to him; when was the last time you saw your Brother, had he any enemies, did he had problems or things like that. But enough thinking let's go and see the brother.
After knocking the door to the house I didn't expect a thing, it was almost if the door was standing there years, even before I was born. But I shouldn't rush the thought's without seeing the inside.
'Good Morning', said a tiered but still strong voice 'Who is it'
I wanted to say something but Detective Knight came out of nowhere saying
'Good Morning John, this is my new Partner Detective O'hara, and we come here today to speak about your Brother who sadly passed away in the last 72 hours, my condolences.'
That was kind of bad, I mean his brother just died and she just says it out loud without any feelings. Let's see how this plays out.
'So you say that my brother Butch, the good old Butch died. Was he murdered or else you wouldn't pay me a visit Kimberly.'
'We think he was murdered, please can you tell us anything about him, did he have any enemies of a Kind or was he a drinker and if you know any of this it would really help us John.'
'Sorry detective O'hara, the only thing I remembered is that he was a vivid drinker and that he was lonely. I didn't know him that well. You see we drifted apart about twenty years ago. But thanks to bring me the news, when am I gonna be able to make him a proper burial?'
'That can take up to three days, thanks for the help. My condolences John.'
As we were walking to the car Kimberly stopped and asked John one last question.
'Before we go what kind of beer did your brother drink.'
'Bud Light, madam and can you please go I'm grieving.'
After that quick question we ran up to the car and started the engine, we wanted to search the late detective house. Kimberly told me that it was around 1 hour drive, because he lived near a hill and of course was very lonely.
'May I ask Knight, why was the brand of the beer important?'
'Detective, I suppose your new here. In Salem beer isn't that popular and there are only a few places where they serve that kind of beverage, if you want to be more specific there is only one Tavern where they sell Bud Light.'
'Thank you for that explanation, is this tavern on the way to the house or no?'
'Detective sadly that tavern closed about a year ago, so there is nothing we can do about it.'
'Okay.'
On the highway I noticed a lot of motorcycles, those were pretty much everywhere. Salem was a city that only had one supermarket, one cinema, no theater and one school. To boring. In the whole way to the House it never came to a conversation, as if Kimberly mouth had been shut down and I caught up a panic attack. At that time I only blamed Salem for all of that. Silly of me, after One hour driving we finally arrived at the house of the late detective.
It was a hell of a contrast to his brother house, no wonder why the drifted away.
The house was about two-story building, had plenty windows and one big main door. From this perspective I thought that nothing had taken place here, but after approaching the door all was a lost hope. We could say it was like a heaven for detectives, blood everywhere, broken windows and a smashed door.
Mm the smell of evidence, home.
'Oh god I didn't expect this said Detective Knight, well let's go inside.'
'Yeah your right.'
Inside of the house everything was like normal but as going upstairs things changed. It looked normal but it smelled like rotten flesh. I was starting to forget about that smell, the War left me with a trauma.
For me the detective off Salem it was more than enough, the last thing I remembered was falling the stairs. I fainted.
I didn't know how long a fainted because as I woke up the environment changed completely.
'How are you detective', Kimberly said.
'Good enough to see your face.'
'Well you won't believe what happened after you fainted. I went to the source of the smell and found a dead body. With a knife in its chest.
The thing about it, it had a letter on it.'
'WHAT, did the letter had something', I responded amazed but tired.
'Unfortunately yes, it said “Told you”, the man lying there was the Inspector.'
After those words I fainted again and woke up in my apartment. Something was happening in Salem. I'm going to find the problem whatever it takes.
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon
Day 6
This few days for me were really headache, four murders in less than a whole week and there definitely coming all lot more if we don't do something about it. The first thing that I need to discover is what does the Killer wrote to us. The mostly used cipher system are Caesar, vignere. So I need to try those.
Coming at the job, they all had the same look on them as yesterday. But before they even spoke I told them to leave for about two hours alone.
In between does two hours I finally cracked the letter. It was written in Vignere. The killer is obviously playing with us. He even let a clue to who the next person would be.
Damn, I nearly forgot the coworkers.
So I headed out and began to tell the police officers what I did but they weren't impressed.
'Excuse me, this could help us save the town of the new serial killer.'
'The thing you don't understand' said one officer 'is that the town was doomed before you were even born. The killer will always be here.'
'That not true, let me see the body of the Inspector.'
Arriving to the morgue it didn't felt like work just to disappointment. The Inspectors body had a Knife in his chest. Not a nice way die. But what impress me the most is that it had the same unhealthy nails and grayish belly as of the detective. And on the back it had something written: We were like a family.
Just by seeing this I deduced that it had something to do with the other dead bodies, the gang, Hell's Angel.
'Officer may I ask where is the Headquarters of Hell's Angel and where the hell is Detective Knight?'
'Detective the Headquarters are in South of Salem, you are going to notice it because it has a lot of motorcycles. Detective Knight was nowhere to be seen this Morning, she is obviously sick.'
'Thank you officer'
As part of my duty I headed back to my car and I drove to the Headquarters of Hell's Angel. After a Fifteen minutes drive I noticed a house completely red and a big wooden door. Well I guess this is where they stay.
I opened the door and saw a dozen man sitting and drinking beer, Bud Light beer.
'Hello I'm Detective Miles O'hara and would like talk with the boss around here.'
'There is no boss here, we do what we want.', someone responded in a very rude way.
'Well if there is no boss, could I talk please to some of you. It's very important.'
They decided to allow me to only ask them the question as a gang. So I decided to show them two pictures, one of the dead gang member's and the second one of the Inspector.
'So, do you know these two, because I think they belonged to this gang.'
'Oi, that is Marty and Depp, the last time they were here was around one month ago. They were expelled.', someone responded in a very surprised way.
'And have you seen this man, he was a detective from Salem.'
'Well I can't say I saw him but Mike told me, isn't Mike.'
'Yeah, he wanted to be with the gang belong to us. He actually managed to do that. That was just last year. But everyone knows he was up to something.'
'Gentlemen I thank you very much, bye.'
So this explains how the detective continued to drink Bud Light even if there was no tavern that sold them anymore. But what lets me wonder, what does he and two other gang members's have in common. If they were all linked together why the Inspector died. After the visit I went to the Station and tried to write all of this in the report.
The ride till the station I was extremely nervous because I had so many things on Mind but most importantly I wondered what does this have to do with the Police force.
I arrived at the Station and someone gave me one a telegram. The curious thing about it, it was from the Killer. It was clear after seeing, once again it was ciphered. This time I went straight to my office for a try on it, because last we failed to save the Inspector.
This telegram read:
Ljsnzx bnymtzy jizhfynts nx qnpj xnqajw ns ymj rnsj. Ynrj nx wzssnsl, uqjfxj hmjhp tzy ymj nsxujhytwx gtid flans, dtz rnxxji xtrjymnsl
This text was easier than the last one, good thing I was in the Army on World War II, you learn things there. This time it was an easy cipher. It was the one Caesar used back in the day.
The decryption read:
Genius without education is like silver in the mine.Time is running, please check out the inspectors body again, you missed something, after reading the last few sentences, my body went straight to the morgue, what did I miss.
The Body of the Inspector was lying as if nothing happened, except it had a new letter on it and a word written on his body.
The both read:
What did the Knight loved more except of the war?
Silver
This meant much to me. First of all maybe I oversaw some fine Silver plates on the Detective's house. Or did it had something to do with me. I loved the silver and was call on active duty on war The Knight.
I shouted 'Did anybody saw someone downstairs on the morgue except me, because there is a new letter lying around there and the body of the inspector has something written on it.'
'No', they all shouted like in a chorus.
'That's what I thought, please call Kimberly I need her.'
I waited for about 5 minutes till some officer came to me and said, 'She didn't respond, she may be really sick. Just wait for tomorrow.'
'I'l do so, thanks.'
This day was really good, I made hell of progress. The two gang members and the detective were linked. But I think that those were up to something. That something must have been important if not they still be wandering around the town. What bugs me is that the word Knight is sticking in my head, it's not good.
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon
Day 7
Around 8 am. I was doing some mind-map for helping me understand the murders but got interrupted by my college Detective Kimberly. She looks tired, that was a cold that she caught.
'Kimberly hi, good morning how are you, better I hope. Cause we need to work.'
'Miles yeah much better, I just got a hard cold. Not that nice. But here I am, so what did you found.', she answered in a cold way.
'Well I finally made progress, the detective was a member of the Hell's Angel gang and he knew the other two people and as the other gang members say that all three of them were up to something, I also think that. I mean if not they would be still alive. What do you think?'
'I think that you are right, why don't we work a little more.'
This was a slow work day we both were tired and tried to convince Kimberly to watch a movie. I thought if we were to work together why not get to know us better. My idea was to go at the local cinema of Salem and afterwards go to a Bar. And the idea with the Bar was no easy thought, I wanted to eavesdrop some rumors around that area.
'So detective Kimberly, I thought that because where are partners we need to get to know each other. My idea is gone to the local cinema and afterwards to the bar.'
Detective Kimberly found that a good idea so after asking we went to the cinema and watched a “spaghetti western” movie. It was fun and the room wasn't that full, it became enjoyable. The movie was around 2 hours long and dealt with a few murders happening in lost city in the dunes. It had very big similarity's with our case, only that they didn't solve them. I hoped that it wouldn't happen to us.
'So detective Kimberly, what you think ?'
'Well it's was a cool movie but because there are certain things similar to our case it made me see it as the real thing, oh could you please name me after work hours just Kimberly, not detective Kimberly. It's nicer.'
'Of course, would you like some drinks?'
'Yes please.'
After being in the cinema we went to the next bar, it was a good thing it was only a few blocks away. The bar was at this hour busy, really busy. The main customers as I saw were male with big beards. Probably workers at the nearest factory. It was nice there only that the words that stand out were:
'That Salem isn't good anymore'
'The Old Salem was better'
'I miss the silence.'
After a few hours on the bar we decided it was already to late for one more drink. We quickly said goodbye and went our own way.
This was even though slow progress in the work day but good progress with the relationship in the town of Salem.
Detective Miles O'hara
Salem, Oregon
Day 8
It was the day when it all went south. When I mean south, I mean it. The day started as any other day. That meant putting pieces of the case in the right place and try to make an effort to solve it. But we always ended it a back end.
At lunchtime I read the newspaper and found out that there were news coming around about who the killer may be. They call him the Cipher Killer. At even one point I thought it was funny. As I was finishing my Sandwich in my Office and handed me a letter. 'Not again' I thought. As I expected the letter was written and encrypted. It didn't take me that long to crack it. The Killer always used the 'Catch'
This time the letter read.
My dearest detective,
Meanwhile, I heard you are making quite progress. Well let me put it this way, if you want to prevent more dead bodies please stop visiting places you shouldn't, ah and by the way somewhere with a bridge or big streets is going to become the literal hell. Those golden places are going to be red as the devil inside you.
It's all the first step to the place called heaven or for me hell.
Those places aren't going to stay golden for a very long time, good f*****g luck.
That was so shocking to me that the next thing I done was to call detective Kimberly.
'Detective, were going to San Francisco.'
'Why do you say something like that I mean a second ago we were still pretty sure that the killer is here in Salem.'
'Kimberly in the letter he just send this morning it had riddled's on it. He is teasing us to find a place with bridges and long streets.'
'I get your point but it could also be a place in NYC or someplace else.'
'As we always say: go to the golden San Francisco, the killer used the words golden a hell of time.'
'Now you got me, but wouldn't it be better to go alone, I could stay here and make sure it all stay at foot.'
'Hmm you may be right but before we decide something we need to talk to the Co-Workers and hear what they say.'
Surprisingly they all wanted to have a detective here at the station, so I called the Inspector of San Francisco and made my way.
The way to the Bay Area was fast and good there were no hiccups and I arrived four hours later at the Main Train station of San Francisco.
At that point it all looked different, somehow I thought that it was more colorful and it hadn't any bad things happening there.
But after a young Police Officer named Brandon. It all turned backwards.
'So detective O'hara what brings you to this Area?'
'Glad you ask Brandon, I had some strange murders in Salem and the Killer was reported to be here in San Francisco.'
'Oh, well me take you to your accommodations and be prepared for tomorrow, San Francisco it's not what it looks like.'
'Really, are you bombarded with criminals all day long or is it just Art scams.'
'Detective O'hara the thing about San Francisco is that we have both, 24/7.'
The driving took about half an hour till we arrived at some little hotel.
'Goodbye Brandon, see you tomorrow.'
The Hotel wasn't in its best condition's, it looked more like a Motel where you had those strange one night stands. My room was at the top floor, it had one bed and a little Bathroom. I didn't sleep well that night, nearly every hour the sound of a dog or a care woke me up. It was a city, not that fanciful.
Let's Hope it isn't that bad here. There have been too many dead people.
Detective Miles O'hara
San Francisco, California
Day 9
This morning was extremely rough for me, the water was cold and the breakfast was mediocre. The coffee of the store next door tasted as if it was from yesterday. Anyway the station was build about twenty blocks down the road and didn't saw to end. The station is a very big building and had only one big window. Inside of the police Station it was totally different. The Walls were blue and yellow and there were around four offices, one for the inspector, two for the detectives and the last one for the visitors.
The first thing I did was to talk the lady at the reception. She was nice to call me the Inspector Niels Damiens.
'Good Morning detective...'
'Miles o'hara Sir.', I responded without any thought.
'As my secretary already told you I'm inspector Niels Damiens.'
'Niels Damiens, I suppose that you have some Belgian roots on you or not?'
'Yes your right, what can we do for you?'
'Well it all happened.......'
The whole tell-all didn't shock the inspector at all. It was something shocking to me. Why wouldn't the inspector of the Bay Area be shocked about some awful murders.
'Excuse me if I ask, but why aren't you that shocked about the happenings in Salem, Oregon?'
'Let me tell you something, it all took place last year. It was one of the worst years in my work-life, beware at a rampage of six murders in the bay of San Francisco. Those murders had tattoos on their back and hadn't any relatives. Well all except one, he was a tall guy, bold and had roots in Oregon. We couldn't find the city exactly. That year was also when my best detective died on work. He had a strong lead to the Killer of those six people.
Ahh and one more thing the Killer always left keys the last one said: I'l never die, I be always here, find me in the north. The letters where written in cipher, that is why it took us about six weeks to solve the last one.'
'Indeed Inspector Niels Damiens, there are so many similarities, don''t you think it would be better to join forces helping us catch the killer.', I asked finally.
'No, I wouldn't do it, its to risky but I could give you all the Archives that deals with the killer.'
'Well, I thank you very much, I think it would be very helpful for us.'
'Detective, as my secretary told me you wanted to work here, so why don't you make company to Officer Brandon on Patrol before you go back to Oregon.'
'I will do it, it's always nice to have more experience.'
Inspector Damiens, told me that Officer Brandon would arrive in about one hour. He also said that the duty in San Francisco never stops.' God I'm really happy that I stayed in Salem, it was a quieter city and I have good work hours.'
The job with Officer Brandon will help me in work, not only to understand how working as a Police Officer in such a big City is but also how to improve my patience in work. It will be a long night.
'Good afternoon Detective, I didn't expect to see you in such circumstances, we are going to the beach. At these hours at night it's easier to end in a fight than on a robbery.'
'Oh, well let's hope that it stay as quiet as now.'
'Detective I wouldn't put so high hopes.'
We started at the Station and headed to the beach. On the way to it we encounter many reports of noise complaints. Most of the time it ended up being the usual stuff like: my neighbors here music out loud or are screaming at middle of the night (Not going into detail.) Except that in one scenario we ended up knocking to the door to a house with loud music. That house was difficult.
As we entered it out of nothing Officer Brandon said, 'I think we arrived at one junkie house. Expect resistance to lower the music.'
'We will see.', I responded with my self esteem at it's highest point.
On our way up I noticed many people lying around with some needle at their hand. I guessed that most of them went to the war, most of the people at that situation try to relieve themselves by the use of drugs. In my case it's to be a police detective.'
'Please listen up, the people from this area are complaining about the noise made from the radio, please lower it.' shouted Officer Brandon.
The people didn't react to it till about fifteen minutes later. That was though but anyway the rest of the patrolling on the beach didn't compare to it. Once in a while we stopped some fights, I was great full that they didn't escalate beyond that. The next thing I did after patrolling the bay of San Francisco I headed back to the hotel. Although the hotel was s****y I slept well, it was a way to long day.
The day after I went one last time to the station to get the archives, that was easier than expected.

As I headed back outside this trip had one last surprise for me, Officer Brandon died on duty.
Detective Miles O'hara
San Francisco, California
Day 10
I couldn't write anymore about the way back to Salem. The last news was like a punch in the face. He was as a Person and Officer a good guy, really nice. I saw a great future on that man. Anyway I was informed that his funeral will be next week, till then I need to finish the case back in Salem. He would have wanted it. Back at my apartment I had little to no thought about the case that laid down the road.
The day started as usual. I said hello to everyone, and headed to my office.
After the last days my body hadn't reached the state of resting, that is why while taking a nap at the office I was surprised when someone knocked the door.
'Hello Partner, how was your trip in the sunny Bay Area?
'Worse than expected, the people there need to endure day to day crime and the Police Station suffers the same things as we, by the way they gave me this files. It haves to do with our case, why don't we have a look.'
The files were a loose end after we read the half of them, but after page 30 it all changed. Exactly page 31 had a witness report, the one of Depp Midway, one of our dead bodies. 'What a coincidence', we both said at loud.
The report read:
The other night while resting I heard some screaming in the building behind us. Nothing unusual in San Francisco. Except that these only lasted for a couple of minutes, normally it can take up to hours even days.
So I went there to complain, as I arrived the door was open. Instinctively I entered the building and saw a trail of blood leading to a room at the end of the corridor, as I opened the door of the room the only visible thing was a dead body with a hand writing something on the floor.
It was: that woman.......
Oh and by the way the man had tattoos designs hanging around.
-END REPORT-
'Well Kimberly, I think that the serial Killer started all the way back last year on the bay Area. Most likely garbed a tattoo design of the house and went into rampage.'
This whole case it's a whole mystery, the killer is targeting the people that enforce the law, it's not going to end well and the question is who is going to be next.
Detective Miles O'hara
San Francisco, California


© 2016 Dintan71


Author's Note

Dintan71
Constructive Feedback, check the grammar if you don't mind (Not native speaker)

Check the story and characters, it's not finished

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
Added on April 3, 2016
Last Updated on April 12, 2016
Tags: Detective, Crime, Cipher, Mistery