The Basics:

The Basics:

A Chapter by DJ
"

Start with the basics and move up from there.

"

When it comes to skin you do not have to know everything you just have to know what skin type you are and your concerns. A licensed dermatologist is the best for any answers you may have on your skin. A couple of note worthy websites to check into are www.justanswer.com/medical/dermatology (a paid advice site) and www.webmd.com under the Healthy Living / Skin and Beauty Community.

As for me I check my product sites for my much needed answers, even asking your local esthetician will give some much needed insight. In other words it is time to get to know your skin. Take the time to look at your skin at different times of the day, looking for oiliness, dry patches, break-outs and red splotches even break-out areas. Sun Damage may appear as light brown splotches on the skin these too can be dealt with in time.

My rule is to cleanse your face once in the morning (unless you forget to double cleanse at night) and twice in the evening. If you work an evening position then of course reverse this process. The reasoning is that if you are in for the evening then there is no need to re-cleanse your face just wipe off the extra oils with water and a mild cleanser then apply moisturizer w/sunscreen. Why the double cleanse at night? Well you first have to remove the surface dirt, oils or make-up before you may actually cleanse your skin.

If you opt for perfect blemish-free skin there are products for different types of skin such as oily, dry, sensitive find one with Benzoyl Peroxide. First remove of the days grim from your face then use a Benzoyl Peroxide wash to cleanse the entire face and neck surface also use as a spot treatment on the more pronounced blemishes. Number one rule “STOP PICKING AT YOUR FACE” your hands touch all sorts of germs throughout the day. When you touch your face they stay there to cause all sorts of problems.

Aging skin is a similar to the rest. Start preventive skin care around thirty, there are too many products on the market. Find one that suits you and your budget. Now for some things they do not tell you on the box. Again, cleanse twice, you do not need to use a lot of cleanser about the size of a dime or a nickel will do (just add a little water to work it around your face and neck). Some people even use a cheaper cleanser first because it just has to remove the dirt and grime of the day. Then use your regular products for the second cleanse. Use a facial scrub at least 3x and a mask 2x a week. Use a heavier moisturizer at night than during the day, again only a dime size will do. Ladies use a nickel amount because you have to apply to the upper chest area. At this stage in life sunscreen should go on the entire body, no one thinks to put it on their legs when wearing a skirt but the sun still shines on them as well. No less than 15 SPF put on multiple times a day. Personally, when I put lotion on my hands, I spread some on my arms that are not covered by clothes and my legs as well. All my lotion has a SPF of some kind in it, if not when I buy it then I mix it with my SPF at home.

If you're a smoker or sun-aholic then healthy skin is just a little harder to obtain, but with the use of daily Moisture esp. after tanning it is possible. Both dry the skin out, smoking also suffocates your skin, so the best idea is to stop. I smoke on occasions of extreme stress and I love the outdoors so I am out in the sun as well, I cannot seem to stop. So, I myself use a scrub on my whole body and moisturize while my skin is damp so that it will hold all moisture possible.

Words to the wise: Slather on some sunblock every day. Sleep at least 6 hours a night. And for the ladies; let the skin breathe once in a while. You are beautiful even without all that make-up. Maintain a healthy diet; these things are a must in order to attain the healthy glowing younger looking skin everyone craves. You only get one skin so the better you take care of it the better you will look in the long run and it is never too late. We spend the first forty years exploring and learning about life, the next forty is spent repairing the damage done in the process of growing up.

                                        



© 2011 DJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

DJ
DJ

NC



About
I love to read and write my own things on occasion. I have some old stuff from when I was a teenager (some with art and some without) and some newer things. I grew up in north east Chicago so I lov.. more..

Writing