From cotton to Crack

From cotton to Crack

A Story by kano
"

My rant against the street corner crack sales in my neighborhood.

"

 

     
                             From Cotton to Crack – and other things
 
I’ve come to the realization that the new plantation, or the 21st century plantation, in urban centers is crack dealing, and other things. The new slave masters are the drug lords of Central and South America, and the overseers are the police and mealy mouth corrupt politicians. I once thought that the addicts were the new slaves, but I now see them as victims of the trade.
I saw Columbian trade officials speaking on talk shows dodging questions about their roles in the drug trade as they deflected those questions with the familiar refrain of demand and supply as being the root of the problem. These officials seem to be running a never ending PR campaign for the drug barons who own them as slaves as well. Why are we not looking at attacking the drug trade as a neo form of abolishing neo-narco slavery? Because it is the same cash cow that sugar and cotton once was. The justice system feeds off of it. Corrupt politicians run on the anti drug platform and get elected because of it. And the status quo remains the same.
Unfortunately there are winners. In the past, the Kennedy family gained wealth from trafficking in bootleg liquor. The family patriarch flipped his cash by putting his children through law school and paving a path for them to reach political stardom. Mission accomplished. Even Rudy Giuliani’s father was mobbed up and used his ill gotten gains to put Rudy through law school. 2 to 3 centuries ago the opium wars helped finance the expansion of the wealth of the royal families during those times. As the opium trade crumbled the ones who profited set them selves up in places like Livingston, and Newark New Jersey. The later had what was then the largest Chinatown in the U. S. where much of the opium continued to be imported into through the early to mid 20th century.
As new cultures arrived in the U.S. they began setting themselves up, taking root and growing. Economic conditions, national and global, created a market system of illicit trade. The plantation system was then controlled throughout the early 20th century by Jewish, German, Dutch, and Italian crime lords. As these groups gained wealth they started to back away from drugs and turned their attention towards construction, security scams, and municipal bid rigging schemes. Thus the trade needed new slaves to tend to its cotton picking, so to speak.
Many vital factors could fill in the gaps of what’s already been listed, but that would take this to a book level of at least 4 to 8 hundred pages. However we may be seeing the trade prepare to pass the torch to new slaves. The growth of the Latino, Hispanic, and Chicano communities could be the bastion for the new slave dealers. Why? Perhaps the street corner African American slave dealers could follow the footsteps of the Kennedys and have their offspring enter high society. The figures illustrated in a recent poll indicate that Spanish speaking communities are at the greatest risks of falling prey to following this eternal trend.
Are there solutions? Because of the level of corruption associated with this phenomenon, perhaps not. Because even if the Spanish speaking communities could be spared, the next slave dealers could come out of the Middle East where drug abuse is already on the rise. Not to mention returning soldiers who will have a myriad of post traumatic condition that they undoubtedly will try to remedy through self medications. Did I mention also that the world’s population will triple by the year 2050?
At least for now community activists should frame the problems that are plaguing poor communities and high society as well, as the neo-narco slave trade, and make some sort of effort to abolish this slave trade at least in the inner cities, muy rapido. For the record, I do favor only the legalization of Marijuana.     
 

© 2008 kano


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dude of course the governments are in on it, where do you think the money for all that coke goes?
u think it goes into guerrillas? no way, if the guerrillas had that money they would never risk their lives, why would you.

the governments must know about the exports in some way or form most governments are corrupt, thats just fact.
and government lies, just look at the simple facts of history, there has not been that many non lying governments in history.

anyway good damn story, keep writing more and keep sharing them.


peace

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting read...this is a very touchy subject among many not only within the governments! People will continue to do all things they think they are getting away with. We all must answer in the end. Keep up the writing and stay focus on your path to success.

Posted 15 Years Ago


dude of course the governments are in on it, where do you think the money for all that coke goes?
u think it goes into guerrillas? no way, if the guerrillas had that money they would never risk their lives, why would you.

the governments must know about the exports in some way or form most governments are corrupt, thats just fact.
and government lies, just look at the simple facts of history, there has not been that many non lying governments in history.

anyway good damn story, keep writing more and keep sharing them.


peace

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 22, 2008

Author

kano
kano

New York, NY



About
Filmmaker, creative writer, screenwriter, and creative thinker. more..

Writing