Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Empress of Shadows

She stood there.

Obscurity.

Darkness.

Silence.

The kind of silence before birth...and after death.

The horizon was lined with a brilliant set of oranges, pinks, and yellows creating a mellow sky.

The darkness chasing the sun down behind the edge of the earth as the night took it's rule over the lands for the next few hours.

As shadows awakened, so did she.

Katsumi''s figure created a perfect silhouette against the brightly lit foreground of the setting sun. She sat upon an abandoned church, gazing down at the ancient cemetery below her, the grave stones showing the effects of time as they withered. Her face emotionless, her heart cold, and her mind growing darker by the minute.

The church was large for it's kind, supposedly haunted. So the locals set fire to it, but only half managed to burn before the "spirits doused it'. Now only a blackened and ruined building stood up. Plenty of gaping holes, shattered stained glass windows, caved in ceilings, broken beams...it was beautiful.

She stood up and fixed her leather jacket, her eyes still glued to the cemetery below.Straightening her back, her black angel wings seemed to just appear out of thin air on her back. Stretching out, they spanned out to form 8 glorious feet of glossy black feathers. The golden light gently playing along the edges making the fathers dazzle. Kitala glanced over at the tall tarnished cross beside her, her luxurious long brunette hair flowing around her.

The cross leaned over the edge, just barely holding onto the roof. She stuck out her foot and gave it a little kick. It creaked and was sent downwards towards the earth, landing with a loud thud. The sound caused a small devilish smirk to crawl onto her pale pink lips. But the smirk was soon wiped clean off her face when she heard a different sound behind her.

She was not alone.


© 2013 Empress of Shadows


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 23, 2013
Tags: Cemetary, Frightening


Author

Empress of Shadows
Empress of Shadows

Owasso, OK



About
21 year old writer, hoping to some day be published. I tend to write dark, sadistic, gruesome things. My writing however does not reflect who I am or my personality, it is just the way I write. I have.. more..

Writing