Chapter 2: Unexpected Fae

Chapter 2: Unexpected Fae

A Chapter by Krysta Smith

When Vivianne arrived at  the docks there was nobody to be seen, “was I just imagining things? Where is Elizabeth at the moon is almost at its peak?” Rate than Vivianne seen swells of blackness coming from the end of the dock almost like a portal of some sort. ‘I’m I going mad?’ Vivianne thought as she reached for her daggers out of her bag, since she felt a onomise feeling coming from the pitch blackness of that portal? Of some sort.  

          “Fount you..” A slight whisper came out from the portal. Vivianne now with both of her daggers in hand was in her fighting position ready to take on what was on the other side of the ‘portal’.  “Ah, I see you're quite the violent type not going to talk before you get all defensive?” the voice mocked her. ‘Stay calm, don’t answer this...this fairy?’ she than realized the stories Elliot always told her about were true. Soon she seen a tall man step out of the portal dressed in armor that seemed to be made of black onox. Vivianne squinted her eyes to get a good view of the man before her or creature, but black clouds or some kind of aura was swirling around him masking everything about his features it seemed. “See something you like my dear?” He said full of amusement as he walked towards her alarming her to the point of falling backwards. “Stay away or else!” Vivianne screamed in panic as her eyes widen, she felt like she was being draped in a thick heavy clock the more he stepped towards her.

       The man stopped for a second to recollect on what she just said, “wait you're threatening me? Well I guess I could use the amusement my dear. Just won’t be fun holding back so much, but whatever I can do to make you come quietly with me right?” Vivianne froze at the ‘come quietly with me’ part. “I don’t care what or who you might be.. I will not let you take me away from my home!” with that Vivianne forced her legs to move as she leaped through the air and lunged at him. Soon enough she was thrown back by a black thin sword with blood red and black diamonds all encrusted in it. ‘Extravagant weapon? And he’s so fast I could even sense that he drawn a sword at all?!’ Vivianne thought at she bit her lip and forced herself to swiftly leap over him and attack him from the back, but with that he countered by blocking her blows from behind with his sword. They fought for a while which seemed to be mostly him blocking her blows, ‘only if she could see his eye movement but that thick cloud’ she thought as she darted towards the forest to get away from him or plan another form of attack. She knew he was too quick and that she could make a blow if she caught him off guard by a sneak attack. ‘Okay so if I can find a dense enough area in the woods I can hid in the branches tile he is under them and done! Off with his head or at least something? Whatever I can manage to get him off my tail?’ Vivianne was so lost in her mind or what to do since she didn’t know fae’s existed till now.

         As soon as she found herself far enough in the woods she heard no signs of the man behind her. With that she climbed up skillfully in one of the thicker trees, since she was used to doing so from going hunting with Elliot or from finding bird nest. ‘Wish I brought some throwing daggers, or a knife maybe even one of my smoke bombs I was working on?’ she thought on what she could have done, but who was to tell her to prepare for a actual fae. As she peered at the forest ground she seen something move, ‘It’s him?!’ she thought her grin got wide, but her hands shook she never wanted to kill anyone or thought she ever would. Soon he was just gracefully walking beneath as he carried no weapon, ‘where’d it go’ Vivianne briefly thought. With that she was building up all the strength she had left into this one attack, if she were to miss that would mean the end of her life. She leaped off the tree at him he didn’t have enough time to be aware that she just amused him. Her daggers missed and slashed his back into an X formation, ‘S**T!’ she thought as he hurled around and quickly grabbed her by the neck. “Damn, that really hurt you know? A lady shouldn’t be throwing metal daggers around like silly. If I wasn’t who I am that would have maybe made me fall down a bit, but you got unlucky today.” He sighed as he tightened his grip which made Vivianne who was fighting his grasp go almost nimble like a doll. The daggers fell out of her hands and hit the ground with that tears began to flow out of her eyes, since she lost. She will now be in the hands of the man who is almost breaking her neck, only if she’d have been stronger, quicker, more trained. No she shouldn’t have went out in the first place then she wouldn’t be here dangling trying to breath for air, yet her windpipe was being crushed by a fae. “Please….” Vivianne begs as tears flown from her eyes. The man seemed to wince and she briefly caught a glimpse of his face as she fell into unconsciousness. His eyes were like liquid silver so vary empty and sad than it all faded to black.

   When Vivianne awoke she was in a satin black room with black drapes hanging all from the ceiling. The room smelt of roses and something else iron no blood she smelt a very faint scent of blood. ‘I’m not in a dungeon?’ she thought as she felt the soft bed before her. The only light in the room came from a candlestick which illuminated the room faintly, she laid on a gigantic round bed that was layered in thick black velvet blankets. The room seemed to be built out of black granite with all kind of jewels embedded in its walls, ‘I’m definitely not home or anywhere close to it’ she thought as she tried to get off the bed, yet her ankles and wrist were trapped by a invisible swelling blackness that the one guy that took her had. Now that she was fully conscious her whole body was sore and her neck seemed to be bruised, “he almost snapped my neck?” Vivianne coughed from the pain that was still inbeded in her throat.

     “Looks like your fine, thankfully I held back from snapping that pretty little neck of yours” The man who stole her appeared from the darkness in the corner of the room. “Sorry for the accommodations, yet everything in the castle is black and gloomy. I mean this is the shadow court we rule over the unseelie court so we have to be dark and gloomy.” he chuckled as he walked over to sit down on the foot of the bed. Vivianne hesitated and thought about darting out of the room, yet she knew there was no shot in accomplishing that. “Come on talk to me? I’m I that scary or is it from...my ah my aura must be scaring you? Humans their raised to be scared of anything.” With a snap of his finger the darkness around him disperse and so did the darkness around Viviannes ankle and wrist. Than her eyes met with those of the eyes she seen last those silver liquid eyes, they look of melted silver. “It seems as if your looking into my soul, did you find one?” The man joked as he leaned more towards her encouraging her to get a better look. “See I look like you, like a human being except more beautiful and well longer ears?” He smirked as he reached his hand out to her.

           “I seek your help, even if you hate me or if you want to slit my throat open at any point of time. I plead that you can wait until you help me. I know you're confused and full of hate, since I’m a dreadful Fae in a story book, but I’m here for the people of the seelie, unseelie, and uncourted.” The man smiled yet it seemed to be lacking any emotions behind it. Vivianne examined him he had black long silky hair as blacker than the pitch of midnight, and his skin was the lightest tint of olive. His sharp features we’re so sharp and elegant his beauty seemed almost of a godly stature, everything about him seemed almost too perfect was this the beauty of a fae. Vivianne seemed to be to overly captivated by his looks to even think straight in all honesty she’s never been this close to any guy except Elliot.

      “I’m Cian. How about yourself?” He waited on her reply, “you almost killed me and you kidnapped me? Now you're expecting me to be friendly with you, maybe you won over girls all the time with your look. Yet this isn’t the situation you can win me over? You stole me and strangled me and you're an unseelie fae you guys lie and trick humans without even batting a eye.” Vivianne snapped at him and he just continued to hold out his hand. “Trust me you’d rather be near me than any other thing that's in these lands. No anywhere to be honest, I saved you.” The man called Cain tried to explain. “Saved? Isn’t that a big important word? Last time I checked saving doesn't mean forcing someone to leave their home forcefully.” Vivianne said as she thrown dagger like stares at him. He than leaned over and grabbed her hand “you weren’t meant to live or be born.” Cain quietly whispered under his breath as he let go of Viviannes hand. Viviannes eyes were wide with curiosity and questions yet Cain just disappeared into the darkness. “Wait! Cain please why did you say that? Come on say something important than leave. Really!?” She yelled as she got up and started walking around the small circular room to find a door. To her surprise there were no doors within the room, “a room without anyway out? What if I need to pee or something I’m I supposed to go on the floor?” Vivianne exhaled as she passed around the room which wasn’t much since the room was practically filled with just the bed.

           After a while Vivianne just gave up on her rant and stomping about, and layed down on the bed. “Well atleast I can escape from here in my dreams.. Even for a second, I’m really going to die here all because I was stubborn to that Cain guy.” She mumbled as she forced herself to get comfortable and close her eyes. Than in her sleep she seen a faint blue light 'Sometimes you have to break entirely to be able to see the light again'. My dream than showed a woman with very long strawberry blonde hair, she was breathtaking in beauty and she seemed to be pregnant with a child. She spoke those words to her baby over and over again as golden colored tears fell from her face. The woman was clearly a high fae yet she seemed so familiar to Vivianne. Soon Vivianne felt someone stroking her hair she opened her eyes to find she was on Cain's lap, and tears ran down her face. “Why are you in here?!” she yelled as she rushed to get away from him “I heard you screaming and crying in your dreams, well enough of that you are wanted in the throne room. I would advise you change out of those rags you're wearing I swear humans have dreadful taste in clothing.” Cain sighed as he grabbed Vivianne by the arm. Soon shadows engulfed her and they we’re suddenly standing in a dimly lit bathroom, and again same theme as the last room she was in black with jewels and drapes.

   The footed tub was see through glass and stood on black cloud designed legs. As the mirror took up the whole left section of the wall as it was framed and decaled in silver. “Please change into that black gown over on the toilet seat maybe even freshen up and brush that hair. Call for me when done.” With that he dispersed into the dark corner of the room. Vivianne looked around and found some candles along the sink and matches. So she lit them one by one, there was no window to be found neither a door. Vivianne looked at the bath, she turned the knobs that said hot and cold ‘plumbing’ she though she’d only heard about it in a old book about faes. ‘Maybe ran on magic?’ she convinced herself as she took of her clothing and slide down into the water.

          Vivianne didn’t realize how much time had passed as played with the oils in her damp hair before she went under. A voice appeared in the room, and to her surprise it was Cain’s yelling for her to hurry up. All she did in return was a quick “Ok,” as she raised her hair of the oils and proceeded to get out of the tub. “So demanding, shame. Sure a pretty face that gone to waste!” She spoke loudly in hopes that he heard what she said about him. As she wrapped the towel around her hair and body she came to look at the mirror that took up the whole wall, she was bruised all over yet more so her neck. “I look like I was thrown around like a rag doll.” She responded in seeing her image in the mirror. She lossed the towal she placed around the both and moved it up and down her legs to dry them off. After than she thrown the damp towel on the floor as she that eyed the clothing placed on the toilet, and with that she grabbed the gown and slipped it on. The gown was tightly fitted at the top with padding to help boost her chest; as the bottom of it flowed onto the ground. The gowns lining had jewels all over it along with the part that was snug around her waist, ‘surprising it fits me perfectly?’ Than her train of thought went on about how he left no undergarments, yet she forced herself to worry about brushing her hair for one. She turned around to see that makeup and a hair bush was suddenly on the counter, yet there was a girl standing by the counter. She had large black eyes that almost took up all her face and grey charcoal like skin, yet she was horrifying beautiful. “Miss? Should I use my glammer. You look a bit pale, well maybe its because you're a human? I’m sorry I’m not sure what to do.” She stammered as she had a voice that sounded like chiming of bells. Vivianne took a deep inhale to calm herself down as she looked the fairy up and down, she was about the same height as her. The fairy’s hair almost hid her body, her hair was of a charcoal black and seemed to radiate the black shadow like aura that Cain had. “I’m the head maid Luna, master sent me to get you ready to meet the leaders of the unseelie courts.” The strange fairy called luna chimed.

      Suddenly a chair appeared in front of Luna and she smiled, “Please sit Miss.Vivianne?” Luna pleaded. Vivianne had no choice in the matter so she did as the fairy named Luna had asked. Luna then started to make Vivianne presentable for the court of the unseelie, “just please don’t cause a uproar. I promise you’ll be able to leave her soon, just have to do as master.Cain ask.” Luna told Vivianne as she just got finished applying lipstick to her lips. Luna placed the last piece of makeup onto the counter and pulled Vivianne gently up by the arm, her fingers we’re long and bony just like the rest of her. Luna grinned widely in delight, yet Vivianne just glared at how sharp her teeth we’re.

          “You look so pretty you may just steal away some hearts in that court room! To bad you're not a high fae my dead than I think you’d might even steal mine.” Luna joked around. Vivianne glanced in the mirror all she seen was a fake version of herself, Luna was right that she was shocked by how stunning she was. Yet, this wasn’t her she wasn’t a doll someone could dress up whenever they pleased. Looking closely her lips were stained of the color of dark red, and her cheeks were the color of a pink blossom as her eyes were bolded in black eyeshadow. “Don’t you think this is too much?”Vivianne sighed as she swatted her hair that Luna took the time to curl. Luna's eyes got so wide they almost took up every inch of her face, “Miss.Vivianne please just deal with it, like I’m dealing with a human being here after all your kind done.” she chimed in her sweet tone, yet you could tell she was not amused with Vivianne.

         Vivianne thought back to the war, and it's true the humans even killed the fae that tried to help them win the war. Humans are selfish, scared, and backstabbing beings, but still. Soon Luna reached out her hand and a dark portal started to manifest out of her hand. “Follow me miss.”She commanded in her sweet chiming voice. Vivianne followed her into the portal, before she could realize it she was standing in a long hallway. Vivianne looked around at her surroundings to find that one side of the hall was all window and faced out to a gloomy scenery with dead trees and thick fog as far as the eye can see. The other wall was full of paintings, all different styles and sceneries mostly all of them had a gloomy them to them. Yet, there were portraits as well, not of all them we’re of human like fae. Some of them had scary yet appealing fairies, this shouldn’t be shocking since she is in the fairies world.

     Soon Vivianne was greeted by a tall man before a giant door with engravings of shadow like figures on it, and it to was encrusted with jewels. “Hey, I’m kelpie nice to meet you!” The tall man winked. Vivianne looked him up and down to notice that he was a good looking man with eyes that were all black. He wore black armor encrusted with details of houses on it, “what are you?” Vivianne asked as she pulled away from him. Luna was just standing by the man now chuckling at Viviannes disgusted look. “I’m a kelpie? You know a water horse I eat your kind time to time! I know funny I’m here in a court with no bodys of water!” Kelpie laughed wholeheartedly as he leaned towards Vivianne. He was handsome he had his wavy hair pulled back into a ponytail, even though he forgot a lot of pieces, but the things that stood out about him were ether is all black eyes or the beauty mark he had below his eye.

   “Jeez! Your so cute, I’d take you as my bride if I could!” He grinned only to be stopped short by Lune. “Just let her in the throne room and keep the lords from ripping her throat out Kelpie! I don’t understand why he let you be his royal guard your such a flirt it irritates me!” Luna chimed as her long pointed eyes that we’re hidden in her hair appeared as you could tell she was ‘done’. “You're no fun.. Prince. Cain can wait! He’s probably soothing them down. Thank the high fae the autumn courts lord isn’t here!” Kelpie dramatically swooned over the thought. Vivianne completely lost at this point had decided it’d be better if she never spoke at all, since these fairies are something else entirely. ‘Maybe Cain killing me instead of kidnaping me would have been the better option in my behalf…’Vivianne thought as she wore a sour looking face. Soon Kelpie thrown the doors open to the throne room which was oddly bright enough to make Vivianne take a step back. After her eyes adjusted she was already getting pulled into the throne room by kelpie, who managed to grab her while she was to focused on the brightness that came outta the room. Her eyes met with Cain’s who was sitting on a big giant thrown as he wore armor and a crown which showed his title.









© 2017 Krysta Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017
Tags: fairy, fae, love, tragedy, youngadult, fantasy, supernatural, dragons


Author

Krysta Smith
Krysta Smith

London, MI, United Kingdom



About
A late 20s dreamer and realist. more..

Writing