Psalm of Praise of the Heavens

Psalm of Praise of the Heavens

A Poem by Dakota R. Lane

"Starlit sky, oh beautiful night, like shimmering diamonds do You rain down over the land, cast against the prairie and mountains, You illuminate Creation with majesty and splendor, the Heavens proclaim the Glory and the earth sings Your praise, all who bathe in Your light stand but in awe of You...."

© 2010 Dakota R. Lane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You took the words right out of my mouth. I can almost feel the cool steel of the tailgate beneath my legs or the ground still warm from the heat of the day...

Posted 14 Years Ago


thank you, your words are most kind. the nights can be so clear and crisp out here. i was driving some back roads north of ft worth out in the rural country when the skies cleared up and i ended up writing down what i saw. it was very beautiful, and a humbling moment for me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your imagery is enchanting! A clearing in a wood on my back gazing up, unaware of anything else, but the glittering night. Perfect!

Posted 14 Years Ago


So, you observe nature with a perceptive stare.
I do like poem about nature, always paints pictures
in my mind.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010

Author

Dakota R. Lane
Dakota R. Lane

Midland, TX



About
Proud native of the state of Texas. Veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. From Ft Worth, Texas. more..

Writing