SAKE

SAKE

A Chapter by Dale

When we met there was something about him that interested me, the way he approached me I knew he was well seasoned with women.  I was walking down the street and he came up from behind, he said "it's cold out here, but you look hot"!
He continued, excuse me as I kept walking I was about to enter the bank and I felt him very lightly touching my elbow, it was electrifying again saying excuse me but I have to ask you... I stopped and turned around my mind worndering what it might be.  As I face him now I see a very handsome man -- my eyes move up and down taking him in and stopping at his face as he's smiling almost laughing.  I wonder what has him so amused.  I say, yes?  Pausing, he's still smiling just staring down at me now.  Looking back I say, ask me what?  He says you look good!  as if he were surprised, I laughed and turned my head back and forth.
 
He said No! I don't usually do this but I was just on my way to pay my phone bill when I saw you and I had to come over and tell you, how beautiful you look.  I started to turn around saying thank you and he said wait can I ask what type of work you do?  I'm a technician for Sony and I happen to know where their looking for new talent.  I said oh, come on, not the old I can make you a star routine.  He stopped smiling, I continued I thought you'd say something more interesting (in my mind I was disappointed) after such a great opening line.  He just laughed a cocky kind of laugh.
 
Oh no, you'll find I'm far from routine -- I just want to know you, maybe we can go to lunch or something tomorrow.  Can I call you?  Can I give you my number and you call me?  Yes!  He interrupts No!  I'd feel more comfortable if you would give me your number because then I know I'll talk to you again, he went on to say, I'm not letting you get away; do you always wear your hair like that?  What kind of perfume are wearing?  You smell good!  I'm smiling now as I say I don't give out my number, I'll take your number though -- I'll call!  He said reluctantly, okay, you got a pen?  With a look of dissapointment he began writing it down he says you can give me your number I won't harass you, I know you have a man huh?  Don't worry I'm not like that if you don't want me to call anymore after we talk than just tell me and I won't call anymore.  Who knows, maybe I won't want to talk to you anymore after I get to know you.  I'm laughing out loud now, as he smiles satisfied.
 
We exchange numbers!  Looking at the piece of paper, it read Ravel and a number.  I say Ravel?  He said yes, I say different.  He looked down at the piece he'd torn off, Climentine?  That's your name?!  I just look at him stern, he says it fits you.  As we begin to part he says -- oh by the way, Climentine, looking up at him once again, he had a look of sincerity.  He bent over coming closer to me, now right up in my face he says, I can make you a star if I put my mind to it.  He was looking me dead in the eyes over his glasses.  It was captivating he had great eyes.


© 2008 Dale


Author's Note

Dale
What do you think of the exchange? are the charaters real to you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 22, 2008


Author

Dale
Dale

Brooklyn, NY



About
I am a Brooklyn native, mother and wife. My alter ego is a writer and she is successful at it. I love writing living through my imagings i currently have two books published my latest being A WOMAN .. more..

Writing
CAPTIVE CAPTIVE

A Story by Dale


PROGRESSION PROGRESSION

A Poem by Dale