How to Impress a Guy on the First Date

How to Impress a Guy on the First Date

A Story by Dalia Derrick



A lot of women put pressure on themselves to make a good impression on dates. This can rob them from the pleasure of enjoying their date’s company. We have some tips on how to impress your date without going overboard.


First dates are fun and exciting. You get to know your date, reveal things about yourself and create a connection. For some women, though, a date can be a stressful, overwhelming experience. Impressing your partner isn’t an easy task, but as long as you act natural and you try to enjoy yourself, everything should go smoothly.


Women especially put a lot of pressure on themselves to make a good impression. Because of this, dates tend to feel more like work than pleasure. Here are some tips that will help you control your nerves and impress your date without trying too hard.


Look your best




Take a long shower or a bubble bath on the big day to help you relax. Dress comfortably, but chic. Make sure your outfit isn’t too revealing or too extravagant for the occasion. Leave your high heels aside and pick a more comfortable pair. When it comes to makeup, less is more. Enhance only your best features and don’t exaggerate. Consider creating a no makeup look, which is more natural.


Get there on time




Being fashionably late isn’t a virtue. Make sure you know how to get to the restaurant or bar and be there on time. If he picks you up, be ready 10 minutes before he is set to arrive.


Be natural




Forget everything you’ve learned from steamy romance novels and be yourself. Confidence is sexier than any seduction tactics. Make jokes, listen to his stories, smile and be polite. Be honest, laugh when something awkward happens and be natural. He might be nervous too, and seeing you enjoying yourself will help him relax. Your posture says a lot about yourself, so stand straight and tall.


Mind your manners




Mind your table manners, especially if you’re at a fancy restaurant. Lay your table napkin on your lap. Make sure to use the correct silverware for each course and chew your food with your mouth closed all the time. If you need to use the ladies room, gracefully excuse yourself. Don’t drink too much, offer sincere compliments and don’t forget to thank him for the evening.


Maintain eye contact and ask questions




Be engaging and interactive. Maintain eye contact during the date, so he knows you are actively listening to him and you are interested in what he has to share. Express interest in his activities. Ask him about his work, his family and his hobbies. Try to learn as much about him as you can without pushing boundaries. For example, don’t ask about ex-girlfriends or his income.


Wait for him to call




After the date, give him some time and space to call for a second one. If you shared a connection, he most certainly will. If he decides not to take things further, at least it won’t look like you put too much pressure on him.


Dating can be a lot of fun. Don’t overthink every little gesture, be natural and confident. Do your best to enjoy yourself and your date’s company. Good luck!

© 2013 Dalia Derrick


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a great write.
Would you suggest how the girl should handle any awkward treatment of the date?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Practical and impressive piece of advice. Brilliant. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1679 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 25, 2013
Last Updated on November 25, 2013
Tags: First Date, romantic date, make a good impression on dates, eye contact, a good impression on dates

Author

Dalia Derrick
Dalia Derrick

KS



About
Dalia Derrick is a 27-year old freelance graphic designer currently living in Kansas. She sometimes blogs about current events, education and real-estate. Proud dog owner. more..

Writing