September 16th

September 16th

A Chapter by Daltin Bydeed
"

A man who believes he is going insane records his discoveries and discovers a world behind the madness

"

September 16th, 2009
-
Been a week since I wrote in here. Been a week since anything happened. Nothing to big i guess. I told my girlfriend about it. Susan didn't seem to hear me. I guess girlfriends don't like to hear about their boyfriends going insane. Anyways, heres what happened. I was working at the old lightbulb factory. One of the machines broke down you see? Anyway, I was replacing the wires in the bulbs and old Herb calls my name. I looked up at him for a minute. He asked me about my work checks. He complained about these bots running us tool boys out of business. We talked for a bit and old Herb decided to talk to the boss about it. It was funny and I near about burst off laughing as he walked off mad. I chuckled to my self. You see, old Herb never was the best at his, erm, finnances i guess. Anyways. I looked back down at the bulb. At first I couldn't believe my eyes. I would've wiped em if I wasn't scared some of em would get on em. You see, the wires were gone. Coming right out of that bulb and covering my hands were a bunch of worms. They wiggled all over the place. Tens to hundreds of em! Tens to Hundreds were coming out of the bulb! They were green and yellow. I would've thought they were gummi worms, like theones you can buy down at the corner store, if it werent for the point that they were wigglin. Except it's strange. I couldn't feel them. Only see them! But let me tell you it scared the bejesus out of me. Anyways, I starred at em for a full minute and then they just vanished. Creepy huh? I sat surprised for a few moments then slowly went back to work. Couldn't let the boss see me dwadlin. anyways, this going insane stuff is a killer. I'm scared. and susan's scared to. I don't know. anyways i'm going to go have a smoke. I'll write more later.



© 2008 Daltin Bydeed


Author's Note

Daltin Bydeed
ignore grammar and sentence issues, this is in Thomas's character.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting . . . I may have to start at the beginning . . . or skip to the end.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ok, now this is hilarious! LOL I'm sorry, I shouldn't be chuckling at a madman, but your character portrayal is very believable. Worms *snickers*. I like the repetition of "you see" and "anyways". I think that'd be annoying if people were speaking in person, but it adds to the validity of the character. This kind of reminds me of an episode of the Twilight Zone or something sci-fi like that. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2008


Author

Daltin Bydeed
Daltin Bydeed

Provo, UT



About
I am a writer. I write for passion. I write because it is a part of me and I come closer to being whole through doing so. I have lived the life of a writer, struggling with part-time work and pov.. more..

Writing