Her Indie Soul, Or: An Emotionally Enthralling Backstory Set To Music You've Never Heard

Her Indie Soul, Or: An Emotionally Enthralling Backstory Set To Music You've Never Heard

A Poem by The Winter Grey
"

To the girl that shall remain unnamed, if only for the reason that if she ever found out I was still writing about her she would sue me for defamation of character.

"

Love does not begin within the throes of passion.

My heart leapt, but little did I know.

It was not for hope, nor the sudden attraction.

But for the aches that would soon follow.

 

The screen does not flicker to life, these memories.

Should I have seen you in so harsh a light?

Blurry and still, the images flood before me.

In black and white, now etched into my eyes.

 

An expert in the art of turning heads and phrases.

The means to an end, the end of a dream.

Did you notice the dead men your shadow raises?

You had me at "no," death in a cute pair of jeans.

 

Dissolved in their stares, and arrayed in disarray.

You caught me between friends, between lives.

My fingers trace your silhouette as you walk away.

You see the future in your coffee and you hate the color white.

 

The center of attention, affection, and scorn.

The sins of the daughter have marked the fall.

My heart leapt, if only to teach me how to mourn.

Love does not begin at all.

© 2011 The Winter Grey


Author's Note

The Winter Grey
Yeah, yeah, the backstory is still probably less than clear. But the obscurish and "out-there" nature of the title should have tipped you off ;) Anyway, hope you find this mildly tolerable.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is a cracking line in this, namely, 'Did you notice the dead men you shadow raises?' I love that line. And yes, we've all known that certain look which kills. We live in hope but few are lucky and those who are, damn them, take it alllll for granted. And of course she gets all chewed up in the process. We wld NEVER treat her like that. But we don't get the chance. Very tolerable, sir.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great thought evoking write

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"death in a cute pair of jeans" ha! I love the sarcastic humor you incorporated into this piece. I also like the title and the description under it...inspires me to write a little something of my own to an unnamed being as well. *hem* anyway, I adore the raw emotion you conveyed. It conjures up that image and feeling of missing someone (maybe) but wanting to kick them in the head at the same time. It's also very melodic, the way you wrote it. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is a cracking line in this, namely, 'Did you notice the dead men you shadow raises?' I love that line. And yes, we've all known that certain look which kills. We live in hope but few are lucky and those who are, damn them, take it alllll for granted. And of course she gets all chewed up in the process. We wld NEVER treat her like that. But we don't get the chance. Very tolerable, sir.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

She never noticed you were alive. You are one of the dead men her shadow rose. You tell a good story, short and hard lesson learned. Your sense of how your role of the scene was captivating. (poem it may be, but more a story of its own) You like to see things from a distance and take in the whole frame. Little details that one focused on the main character would never pick up on. Looking from your spot as she walks away (I may be reading wrong though, my apologies)

"Did you notice the dead men your shadow raises?
You had me at "no", death in a cute pair of jeans."

Every inventive imagery throughout this piece. I enjoyed it greatly. Wish I had her ability to leave corpses in my wake...I'd probably be one as it destroys me to hurt another. (come on...I have a heart...unlike said silhouette you speak of) Well done piece you have here. :) Really though she would sue you I'm sure :P But how can one argue with honesty... :P Just a very well done caption you painted here :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool poem. What the story is behind these words isn't crystal clear but the mystery is what made this poem beautiful. It's as if each line has a long story to tell. Intriguing and captivating. Great write. :)

Loved the 1st and 3rd stanzas the most. :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 30, 2011

Author

The Winter Grey
The Winter Grey

Coffeeville



About
Name: Dalton Lee Marks Age: Unknown Height: Quite short. Weight: Quite light. Hair: Black, curly, too long for its own good. Eyes: Light blue, encircled by a halo of darker blue. Rel.. more..

Writing