Simply Enjoy Living

Simply Enjoy Living

A Poem by Danai
"

Their's a saying, you can't have a rainbow without a little rain...

"
Most of us take sight for granted but what do blind people say?
How can you simply enjoy the sight of a sunny day, if you haven't lived a rainy day first?
How can you simply enjoy the view of a green field with flowers, if you haven't lived the dry field first?
How can you simply enjoy the fantasy of a colourful sunset, if you haven't lived a melancholy afternoon first?
It is nice to have a different view of simple things. Start looking for your heart.

Food and liquids are essential for life. do we really recognize their quality importance?
How can you simply enjoy the flavour of a homemade meal, if you haven't eaten tasteless fast-food first?
How can you simply enjoy the texture to fresh fruit in your mouth, if you haven't tried composted canned fruit first?
How can you simply enjoy the refreshness of cold drinks, if you haven't dried up from thirst first?
It is nice to value the things you put in your body and respect what you swallow.

The hearing is a gift, it could be valued as a talent.
How can you simply enjoy the tune of a canary sing, if you haven't heard the mumble of a crowed first?
How can you simply enjoy the sound of the ocean waves breaking, if you haven't listened to the city noise first?
How can you simply enjoy the sweetness of laughter, if you haven't been shouted at first?
Isn't it a pity to hear so much and screen very little to listen to?

Touching means a great deal to people, cultures translate touch in various ways.
How can you simply enjoy the comforting hug, if you haven't felt the turning of a back first?
How can you simply enjoy the sensation of a kiss, if you haven't felt the disappointment of rejection first?
How can you simply enjoy the safety of a friendly hand, if you haven't felt being pushed away first?
A touch of gratitude could be expressed in different ways, do we appreciate to give and received each day?

Smell cold be characterized as an advantage but also the disadvantage, most species use it for survival instinct.
How can you simply enjoy the odder of nature, if you haven't breathed the suffocation of city pollution first?
How can you simply enjoy the aroma of a flower, if you haven't smelled awfulness of a junkyard first?
How can you simply enjoy the perfume of your love ones, f you haven't missed them first?
Children recognize their mother from the smell, how often do we use this sense to define beautiful things in life?

Feelings generate from perceptions and everyone has unique emotions to behave accordingly to each situation.
How can you simply enjoy happiness, if you haven't lived sorrow first?
How can you simply enjoy health, if you haven't lived pain of an illness first?
How can you simply enjoy friendship, if you haven't lived animosity first?
How can you simply enjoy the smile, if you haven't lived an angry face first?
How can you simply enjoy remembering, if you haven't lived forgetting first?
How can you simply enjoy love, if you haven't lived hatred first?
All these things seem very simply, but that is what they really are. Simple things make life precious. Do we enjoy and appreciate simplicity?

The final question you ask yourself, how can you simply enjoy living if you haven't killed your soul first?

                                                                             .Elpida.

Their's a saying, you can't have a rainbow without a little rain...

© 2016 Danai


Author's Note

Danai
This poem my mom wrote it and I thought it would be a good idea to share it with you

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016
Tags: #life, #Danai, #how

Author

Danai
Danai

Toronto, Canada



About
Hope you enjoy my writing more..

Writing