The Language of Politics and its Effect On The Public Mind.  (Article)

The Language of Politics and its Effect On The Public Mind. (Article)

A Story by Danny Metcalfe


There is nothing so deceptive as the language of politicians---The meaning behind such language is not truth; but tactical propaganda aimed at the psychological playground of the public mind. Hannah Ardent suggests ‘’ The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”
This is, of course something most are unaware of, it is something that goes mostly unrecognised and such the psychological deception goes un-observed. The nature of the state is that of orderly disorder. It is the philosophy that the people do not follow their own impulses, but the impulses of the state. The freedom of state is the freedom of the prison yard; both mentally and physically. Of course mentally is it less obvious---But those of a certain nature; those who dive deep into the inner sea become aware of such restrictions and thus those who only dip their toes into the inner sea will label the deep sea divers as paranoids. But as William S Burroughs stated ‘’ A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. ”

Indeed, this violence of the mind is felt in the consciousness of the nation and thus the nation is an expression of its consciousness.

It is the nature of politics to divide; that is creating and sustaining duality within the consciousness of the nation. For politics is nothing without division. In psychological terms the politician is the ego manifest in materialistic form.

The most violent element in society is ignorance and all ignorance finds it origin within the ego. It is this ignorance that politicians feed off; that is to keep the public mind psychologically engrossed in the ego-centric personality.

For this is where the language of politicians works its magic. The history of politics is a history of deceit and of manipulation.

Thomas Sowell has stated ‘’How can anyone read history and still trust politicians?’’ The public put their faith in politicians because they have no faith in themselves---That is, the people are timid and retain soft forms of external liberty yet internal liberty is something beyond their comprehension. The social liberty of the people rests upon the internal liberty of the public mind. This is of course of no interest to the language of politics; for it would mean a transcendence of politics and its political language. The progress of human affairs lies in the liberty of the mind; that is to transcend external and internal propaganda. The lies we tell ourselves are just as or maybe more dangerous than those lies told outside of ourselves. The greatest lie of all being that we are powerless; that the language of politics is a language of wisdom---Instead of the primitive language of politics we should instead listen to the sophisticated language of that force inside us that transcends language itself.

© 2021 Danny Metcalfe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on October 6, 2021
Last Updated on October 6, 2021

Author

Danny Metcalfe
Danny Metcalfe

United Kingdom



About
I am a writer, poet and playwright. All works are first drafts. My favorite writers are: Arthur Rimbaud, William S Burroughs, Clarice Lispector, Robert Walser, Julio Cortazar, Mikhail Bulgakov,.. more..

Writing