Jour De Pluie, Lille

Jour De Pluie, Lille

A Poem by Danny Metcalfe

 Among the cafés and bars, rain, like a ballet, pours in a great movement of kisses. Across the sky, a rainbows prayer dances from cloud to cloud, exuding pleasant perfumes of Spiritual flare. The scented wind animates the air like a singing rose, and, smelling the vision of its dream, I embrace the harmonic revelation!

Young and old pass one another, between heart and bone - Their charms rise in the alchemy of sound, the noise of which heightens the rain. Droplets fall on café tables like great pools of tears, which within tell of some breathless purity, beloved and everlasting.

In the grand square, people come and go - The smell of coffee, beer, and wine rise in the drenched breath of those coming and going, and those of romantic leanings crown their breath with a sigh. Ahh! I see the rain, like a mirror, run and play across Flemish rooftops - Their feet have an Ancient rhythm, bare as Silence.
On the windows, spots of rain rest in Astral shade - I hear echoes of Suns from old worlds, ringing with new Love.

Then, like the rain, I touch the earth, only to evolve and disappear.

© 2023 Danny Metcalfe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful use of the language. I loved the complete poetry. Had the feel of the ancient writers. You allowed the reader to see the beauty of the world in your words. Thank you Danny for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 3, 2023
Last Updated on April 13, 2023

Author

Danny Metcalfe
Danny Metcalfe

United Kingdom



About
I am a writer, poet and playwright. All works are first drafts. My favorite writers are: Arthur Rimbaud, William S Burroughs, Clarice Lispector, Robert Walser, Julio Cortazar, Mikhail Bulgakov,.. more..

Writing