L.O.V.E (Love Over Virtue is Eternity)

L.O.V.E (Love Over Virtue is Eternity)

A Poem by Danse Macabre

I beg you for your touch against my skin tonight, I am in need of your lips pressed gently against mine, I cry when they depart from me, and I die a little when you cry for me, I wait patiently for the day to hold you again, to grasp you in my arms till the end, you're mine and no one will hurt you, they must get through me which is but a virtue, give it your best I dare you, at your best it's no contest, I am stronger than ever when your life is on the line, so go ahead I say, try to hurt her I warned you okay, repercussions is what you will witness painful and swiftly they will strike you repeatedly.

© 2010 Danse Macabre


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to disagree with justice. i feel that stanza's can get in the way of poetry, it can make it choppy and hard to read, and while this doesn't look like poetry if it was read aloud, it would sound like poetry. poetry is in the words, not its shape!

i think this was a beautiful poem! thank you for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Justice is indeed a square. The piece is brilliant, I love the flow of it and the word choice! Only problem was you put Then where there should be than :P But I do that all that time so no biggie! But otherwise, this was a brilliant piece hun =] Keep up the good work, and don't let people like Justice get you down. It's people like him who need to BROADEN THEIR HORIZONS when it comes to literature, because I've learned that writing and truly enjoying just one "form" of poetry doesn't make you a true artist or writer. =] You on the other hand seem to be very wise and well-rounded with your work!

Cheers!
~Adora

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you very much everyone for those words of kindness. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have to disagree with justice. i feel that stanza's can get in the way of poetry, it can make it choppy and hard to read, and while this doesn't look like poetry if it was read aloud, it would sound like poetry. poetry is in the words, not its shape!

i think this was a beautiful poem! thank you for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. justice is a little rude eh? Poetry is poetry. How can you stop in the middle of reading? Whatever man. Be a square.
I think it's pretty good. Definitely shows some intense emotion. "I am stronger then ever when your life is on the line..." That might sound better if you switch "then" with "than".
Overall, it's a nice piece. Great job =]


Posted 13 Years Ago


I accept your opinion either way justice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have never been a fan of this type of poetry. It just seems so, well, non-poetic. I know it is a style, but I personally do not like it. I prefer poetry in stanzas. I did not get through the entire poem because of this fact...

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010