The Christmas of 2009

The Christmas of 2009

A Story by justdandy
"

Today, I decided to write about the Christmas, that I most remember. It is all real, not made up.

"

I remember those 2 days like never before. It is a vivid childhood memory. The Christmas tree. Christmas Eve. Christmas Breakfast. Christmas Dinner. The Presents. Its was Christmas, year of 2009.

A week before Christmas, we bought the Christmas tree. When we brought it home, the house was filled up with it’s smell. We decorated the tree with laughter, smiles, and the Holiday cheer.  After we finished decorating it, it was clothed in beautiful ornaments, sparkly lights, and a bright, yellow star. The tree stood tall and fair in the right corner of the living room.

On Christmas Eve, I was on my best behavior. Nothing made me pout. Nothing made me cry. I tried to be not naughty, but nice. When the evening drew in, I decided to write a letter to Santa, even though I didn't believe in him. I sat down by the tree, crissed-crossed my legs, got a piece of paper, a pen, and started writing my letter. After I finished writing my letter, I hid it in one of the ornaments. That night I could hardly sleep, around midnight I finally gave in, and fell asleep.

On Christmas Day, I was woken up by the smell of…… Hot Chocolate and Pancakes. I didn't even bother changing out of my pjs as I raced down the stairs. Everyone was already awake. I was the last to arrive to the table. I sat down in my seat, we all prayed, and started eating my pancakes and drinking my Hot Chocolate. After breakfast, I went see the presents that were supposed to sit by the Tree. However I was disappointed to see that, there weren’t any. (I guess my parents knew that I would secretly open one up.)

I helped my Mom and Grandma prepare the Christmas Dinner. We just finished setting up the table, when the doorbell rang. I went to open it. There, on the front porch, stood my cousins. I grabbed my cousin’s (Sofia) hand and pulled my her into the living room, where the Christmas tree stood. (All Fair and Tall.) There under the Christmas tree sat about a dozen presents. How they got there? I don't know. Just then my mom called us for the Christmas prayer. We prayed and began eating our dinner.

After dinner my mom finally let us open up our presents. The 3 of us, my cousin, my little sister, and I scrambled into the living room, tearing the presents open and seeing what was inside. I don't remember any of the presents except one. The princess treasure chest. Inside were 3 beautiful dresses, a crown, and some jewelry. We, each grabbed a dress and darted in the bathroom to change. 5 minutes later we get out of the bathroom, transformed into princesses. We danced out all of our energy that was left. Then my cousins left. And I fell asleep on my bed, dreaming of princesses and princes.

The Christmas, turned out better than I ever expected. 6 years have passed, but I still remember those days like yesterday. Everyday I dressed up like a princess. Twirling around. Dancing to waltzes. The Christmas of 2009 danced away quickly, but it always stayed in my mind palace.

© 2015 justdandy


Author's Note

justdandy
Something that I enjoyed writing about. Please Review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It has some mistakes that made me read it over, but it is a very fine story. Childhood memories like these are the best. Thanks for sharing it made me remember my Christmas memories.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cute story, I liked it a lot. I do have a question though, (I tried to be not naughty, but nice) did you word this line "be not naughty" as a way to convey youth rather than "not be naughty"? And that same with (Everyone already woke up) rather than "Everyone was already awake"?


Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

I tried to be not naughty, but nice- I tried to use the lyrics from "Santa Clause is coming to town".. read more
Bear

8 Years Ago

OK, because if you did it on purpose then it was brilliant, it gave both the feel and impression of .. read more
justdandy

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing my writing. Your reviews are really helpful.
Thank you for submitting this to our contest, Poetic Music. Entries may be submitted until October 15th. Please tell any of your friends who may be interested in entering as well.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2015
Last Updated on October 8, 2015
Tags: Christmas

Author

justdandy
justdandy

CA



About
"So who are you?" I am an European Smoothie. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Manslaughter Manslaughter

A Poem by Emily


Like a Car Like a Car

A Poem by Farrah