Powerful and Powerless

Powerful and Powerless

A Chapter by Logan

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have superpowers? Of course you have, who hasn’t? You’ve also probably already thought of all the incredible things you would do with said powers. You could use these powers to help yourself get rich and famous. Become a celebrity, marry the love of your life, and live happily ever after. You might even get your own private island or something equally ridiculous. Or maybe, just maybe, you would put in the effort and make an actual difference in the world. Solve world hunger, cure cancer, prevent wars from happening, the possibilities were endless. You could really do anything you wanted to. You would be powerful.

Except that you wouldn’t be. You can never be completely powerful. No matter how powerful you are in one aspect of your life, you’ll always be powerless in another. Somethings are simply out of your control.

This is a fact. A fact that you must accept. However, most people either won’t or can’t accept this. The human nature itself contradicts this fact. Humans have always been, and always will be, greedy. They want to control themselves. They want to control others. They want to control everything. This yearning for power is an addiction. And similar to most addictions, it always results in disaster. First it starts with Kings, presidents, and dictators wanting to attain more power. Which leads to arguments with other leaders. Which then leads to war. Which, Finally, ends in death. It’s a cycle that we’re powerless to stop.

But that doesn’t mean you should just give up. Don’t forget what I said before. In the same way you can never be completely powerful, you can also never be completely powerless. There will always be things that you can do that no one else can. Just remember, you wouldn’t be powerful if someone else wasn’t powerless. Their loss is your gain. Whether fortunately or unfortunately, this is the only way most people can gain power. That’s just how things are.

The world is gray. Not black or white. Powerful or powerless. Just gray. A perfect mixture of the two. It has to balanced just right or else everything will spiral into chaos. I guess this all might sound a little melodramatic, huh? What I’m trying to say is no matter how powerful you get, you’ll be equally as powerless. Once you understand this, you’ll be able to truly better yourself. You don’t need superpowers to help you do that.


© 2018 Logan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on December 14, 2018
Last Updated on December 14, 2018
Tags: Action, romance, adventure, drama


Author

Logan
Logan

Coweta, OK



Writing
My Legacy My Legacy

A Book by Logan