Give Me Just a Minute

Give Me Just a Minute

A Poem by Kristen Darian Marie Wiley
"

This is more poetry/prose in my stream of thought... but I think it could be more.

"

It's the life, the beat, the whisper on the street ... the one last call of the thing that always calls. Where were you when I tried to explain what it meant, what all that horrendous action on my part was? There was a time in my life when all I wanted was just for you to know what I was doing all of this for. That part of me was the young me, the lip service me, the one that did only what she shouldn't, when she shouldn't for the purpose of achieving the wrong means. Where were you when this all came down? Were you staring at the one last heaven that I had fallen from or were you blinded by the fire of where I was headed? I am proud of my self destruction, I am proud of my blood letting vampirous need that sends me to all the worst places! I WILL NOT REPENT FOR ANY OF IT. And yet... and yet... the one thing that lasts... the one thing that I want in this last moment is a sign from you that even through all this you do not hold it against me.


No sympathy for the devil but even Voltaire longed for his final home.


I only need a minute.

© 2008 Kristen Darian Marie Wiley


Author's Note

Kristen Darian Marie Wiley
Comments and crits welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on February 14, 2008

Author

Kristen Darian Marie Wiley
Kristen Darian Marie Wiley

Simi Valley, CA



About
"Beautifully Ordinary. Just an average young girl who always wanted to write. I'm feeling too old to be the next phenom of this age but I'm still trying to improve the craft." This author who goes by .. more..

Writing