If Only...

If Only...

A Story by DarkRainbowPie
"

Seth is a teenager with a rough life, both at home and away. All he wants is for his mother to notice...but by the time she does...it's too bloody late...

"

Seth sprinted through the long grass. His strong legs helped him leap over obstacles that stood in his path. His long, black side fringe flew behind him with the rest of his hair as Seth ran against the icy wind. His beautiful brown eyes began to water with the surge of air that blew into them, but also from fear. Seth was scared.

   He finally made his way out from the trees and hopped the wire fence infront of him with ease. He was now back in the estate he lived in, but he felt as though they were still following him, just hidden in night's black cloak. He made his way to the steep downward slope and dropped the skateboard he had been clutching so tightly onto the smooth tarmac. He dragged it forward with his right hand for a few seconds before hopping onto it with both feet. He was sure they couldn't catch him now.

   He skated down the hill at high speed, he felt as though all his worries blew away with the drift of wind he passed through. Seth only really became aware of the cold now. He zipped up his black 'Slipknot' hoodie and popped his hood over his head. The hill was coming to an end. Nearly there. Nearly time to collect his worries. As the slope flattened out, Seth's speed reduced. He knew he'd be slightly faster running now, but he was confident that his followers had given up by now. He glided around the corner on his board and ollied onto the footpath. He passed three house before hopping over the garden wall of one of the cloned brick houses. Home.

   He pushed down the handle of the front door, walked inside, and locked it behind him. Silence. His mother was out. Again. He leaned the skateboard to it's usual spot against the wall the staircase was attached to and made his way to the kitchen. He was greeted by over a dozen empty beer bottles lined up along the kitchen counter. Seth sighed. He unzipped his hoodie, revealing a plain black t-shirt, and draped it over a chair at the table before pulling it out to sit on. He slammed his elbows onto the table and held his solemn face in his palms. His emotions flooded out. He was sick of the bullies, sick of being home alone, sick of his alcoholic mother. Seth was sick of life.

   After a time that seemed like seconds, but was probably hours, of crying, Seth slowly stood up from the table. He was angry now. He picked up a beer bottle quickly and threw it against the grey, tile floor. It smashed into smitherenes. It felt good. He picked up another. And another. And another. After smashing about 7 bottles, he fell to his knees. What was the point in it all... His shivering hand reached out infront of him and his fingers closed around a long shard of glass. He pressed his thumb against it. It didn't take much pressure to make him bleed. That was it, he had his mind made up.

   Seth decided he'd had enough of it all, nothing was going for him, he couldn't put up with any more for any longer. He held up the piece of glass in his right hand, held up his left wrist, and closed his eyes. Seth only felt the excrutiating pain for a few seconds before he fell unconcious.

   An hour or two later a drunken woman stumbled in the front door. Silence. She made her way to the kitchen for more drink. She was greeted by less than a dozen empty beer bottles lined up on the kitchen counter, and her son, lying dead on the floor in a pool of his own blood, surrounded by a million shards of glass. She fell to her knees.

   If only she knew... if only she knew the problems her drinking caused, if only she knew about her son's persistant bullies... if only she knew what went through her son's head every day in that pathetic excuse for a home...

 

 

 

If only she f*****g knew.

© 2013 DarkRainbowPie


Author's Note

DarkRainbowPie
All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This was very sad, but also powerful, especially the very ending. The opening was also very well done too. Amazing story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it ^_^
It almost has a rhyming sense to the it don't you think. It flows excellent, a great piece of writing annie xxx

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

11 Years Ago

Oh, I didn't really think of that, but I can kind of see it now when I read it again :) Thanks Jake .. read more
The Bass Player

11 Years Ago

No worries, your a talented person
I love the way the story flows

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

11 Years Ago

Thanks Ashleigh :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 24, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013
Tags: Suicide, Death, Bullying, Alcoholic, Alcohol, Blood, Sadness, Isolation

Author

DarkRainbowPie
DarkRainbowPie

Dublin, Ireland



About
Hey there, guys. My name's Annie, I'm 18, from Ireland. All there is to really know about me is that I am a MASSIVE nerd (...would like to wager that I actually do live and breathe science at .. more..

Writing