Twilight ::.Rant.::

Twilight ::.Rant.::

A Chapter by Sydney

I decided to re-write Twilight my way.

In the original book, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, there were a lot of grammar mistakes, and the main character, Bella Swan, is a Mary Sue and Meyer hides that by saying she's clumsy. Bella is completely dependent on Edward, and she can't so ANYTHING without him, and when he leaves she attempts to commit suicide. Meyer is living in her fantasy's through Bella, who’s obviously her. The books are NOT well written, and just because every other word is a fancy adjective doesn't make it good writing.

By the time Myer is done writing all of the books, ALL of the rules she set for the 'vampires' are broken. And, not only that, she breaks all the rules set my more esteemed authors. EDWARD HAS NO STATED FLAWS. Seriously people, even vampires have flaws besides sucking peoples blood (that's just natural to them, so it doesn't count). And if Bella is so 'plain', as stated in the beginning of the book, then why are so many guys falling for her within the first two chapters? And also, Bella teaches girl to let men handle everything, which is pretty much a HUGE step backwards in history. Meyer described the characters EVERY TWO PAGES. Seriously, WE ALL KNOW about Edwards 'perfectly toned chest' the fourth time she mentions it.

Ever noticed how Meyer never used the word 'Fangs' in the WHOLE series, and its a VAMPIRE NOVEL. And, HER VAMPIRES SPARKLE. The book is also so predictable; I had trouble finishing it because I knew what was going to happen! And in the book, it states that Edward had been watching her sleep for two months, when really she had only been in Forks for one month. And really, HE WAS WATCHING HER SLEEP. And the fact that Carlisle only turning teenagers into vampires disturbs me. And, the ONLY reason why the books became so popular is because Bella has no personality, and any loser can put themselves in her shoes. And seriously, this is just another plot of a 'Forbidden Love' that so many other authors have used before. And if the first 200 pages of the book rely on mystery, don't slap 'First, Edward was a vampire' on the back of the book. Also, Stephanie Meyer must really be into pedophilia: first Edward and Bella, (which is like, a 100 year difference) now Jacob and Renesseme.



Now, before you go all stalker-ish and threaten to kill me, think back to what you read in Twilight, or re-read it if you can't remember, then read my book. THEN post your thoughts.



© 2011 Sydney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with most of what you said. There's too many flaws in the book- but I still found it to be a good read. That's just my opinion...
I'm excited to read your take on the novel

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on September 29, 2011
Last Updated on September 29, 2011


Author

Sydney
Sydney

NY



About
I am AWESOME :D And I have been told that many times ^w^ I am a scene girl who loves screamo, emo, and rock music; if you don’t like me, PISS OFF! i.f. y.o.u. t.a.l.k. a.b.o.u.t. m.e. h.e.r... more..

Writing
Twilight Twilight

A Book by Sydney