the first incidence

the first incidence

A Chapter by darkdiva

Is was a very beautiful day, but I guess I couldn't appreciate it because of my mood. I should have been happy that cause that was the last day I could be..

I worked at police station in a small town Satara where everyone knew everyone in a way. We were 5 people in the department me, my boss and the head Mr. Sher Aquila, and my subordinate Anne and David. David and Anne were usually on night shift and Aquila and I on day shift.

We usually lead a very simple and boring life. The worst crime that had ever happened here was a kidnapping of Mrs. Lucy's child which at the end turned out to be just a prank done by his friends. I was really upsets as my promotion had been declined causing me to stay in this s**t hole for at least another year, I hate living here. As they say privacy is a myth but here it was very practical. Everyone was so involved in each other's lives than there own, it made me nonplussed and ask myself "why" I guess I know now , they were just trying to escape their own nightmares
I reached the office at almost 10 in morning sulking. Aquila greeted me I her usually charming aura. I greeted her back.

I noticed there was an unusual cheerfulness in the atmosphere, i realize that the reason for this was absence of Mr Sher, this lifted my spirits by a 100 feet. Mr. Sher was the typical kind of person you imagine when the word boss appears, rude, strict, arrogant, in short heart less. Even if you would save his life he would find a 100 mistakes in how you did it leave recognition or appreciation. We thought today was going to be a day off from work, well there isn't much work anyway unless you count the paper work Mr Sher use to make us do about how a fly going the wrong way and how Mrs. Wikins clothes got lost due to wind etc. but how wrong we were; how horribly wrong....
It must have been around 4 o clock in the evening we were just sitting casually talking; when the phone rang, Aquila picked it up I thought it was one of the usually nonsense of the town but as she was answering she suddenly turned grave like never before. She kept the receiver back and turned to me she looked shocked and terrified. I asked her what happened , she couldn't answer for a while she stood there frozen and then what looked like gathering all of her strength she said "It was Mrs Hawkins: Mr Hawkins is found stabbed multiple times in his study".
My face turned the exact same as her, nothing close to murder had ever happened here in Satara. We sat there in silence, shocked for God knows how much time. We did not know how to deal with a situation like this then suddenly Aquila got up and said "I think we should be there to investigate" I came back to my senses, and realized what had to be done. Without speaking another word we reached Mr Hawkin's residence. We got out of the car and pressed the door bell
Lila their maid open the door, she looked terrified and was barely standing, she showed us to the study. Oh My God! I had never seen a scene like that ever in my life. There was blood splattered everywhere, Mr Hawkins was on his chair and, ten knife hurried in his chest with the longest one nearest to heart. Mrs Hawkins standing I a corner, silent tears crawling on her face. It's seemed like she had lost the capability to move or speak or think. I couldn't blame her I myself was almost the same way as her, it occurred to me that we had to interrogate but I just couldn't figure out how to start.
Aquila seemed to have made up her mind and she asked the maid " when did u find him? " Lila seemed to have been pulled into the reality, in a timid and shaking voice voice " I was cleaning the house when I heard gruseome scream it came from the study I was on the other side of the house I came running to see what had happened, till the time I reached here the screaming had stopped the door was locked and Mrs. Hawkins was trying to ask Mr. Hawkins to open the door but there was no reply from inside she asked me to get the spare key from her room, with that we opened the door and found him in this state." I looked at Mrs. Hawkins, she still had no idea what was happening and nor was she trying. I looked around the room and something peculiar caught my attention, there was a photo of child with Mr. and Mrs. Hawkins, but as far I knew they did not have any child or  any relatives at all. They were always in the town and never had any visitors.

Aquila again spoke " did u hear anyone running outside or towards the gate"
Lila replied "no, we checked that out as soon as we got here but there is no sign of any foot prints or any sign of person going out. There is in fact no way to get out of here as the window is too small for even a child to go from here.
I made an effort and moved towards Mrs. Hawkins she was a beautiful lady in her late thirties with red hair and blue eyes on a fair complexion, I told her "sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how difficult this situation must be for you" but she didn't answer, she didn't even show any signs that she heard me, I tried to speak to her again, but still she didn't reply, I shook her but she was standing there like a statue, Aquila tried but failed, we thought we should give her some time, maybe she will be better tomorrow. We took photos of the crime scene and tried to find anything that might be telling us something but except the unknown baby there was nothing in the room that was unusual or peculiar. We called the forensic laboratory of the nearby district to collect the body as we didn't have any in our town, or even needed one. They told us that it will take about an hour to reach there, and meanwhile we searched the whole house was any clues; I could find anything of importance, but Aquila came towards me and showed me a knife similar to the ones which had been used to commit the crime " I found it in the garden outside the study and there is some blood even over there but I don't understand how it would have gotten there"
Before I could speak the forensic people came in the house, we showed them to the study the collected blood samples and fingerprint from the door knob and the furniture, Aquila showed them the blood outside and they took samples from even there. The body was taken to postmortem. After taking a last look even we left as it was already dark. I said to Aquila "did u find anything unusual inside" and she suddenly turned and " There was so many soft toys, diapers and stuff for an infant but the couple never had a baby which I knew of" I told her about the photo of the unknown baby and we got lost in our own thoughts. Aquila said "I hope this is a dream and we wake up we find nothing ever happened here"
I replied "I hope that too"
But little did we know that we were just getting started....



© 2021 darkdiva


Author's Note

darkdiva
please leave honest reviews so that i can learn and improve myself

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on June 16, 2021
Last Updated on June 16, 2021


Author

darkdiva
darkdiva

Writing
dual lives dual lives

A Book by darkdiva