This is a contemplation of the heart, the soul, and the world

This is a contemplation of the heart, the soul, and the world

A Story by Shley De

How is it that you can quickly hate someone with such a passion that you once believed you loved? How can guys justify hurting the one whom they use to call their world? Is there no meaning behind spoken promises of love? Is the heart numb to all feelings it so eagerly pledges for only a brief time? Is the world so out of tune with truth that emotions are merely a mask, and that there is no sacred bonds between two souls that are kept pure? These are answers I must know. For in a world, now so black, I lie broken. Is there no kind gestures lurking in the shadows of tomorrow, no simple vows to be kept untouched by demon claws? Corruption has taken sanctuary in the hearts of human kind. No longer do loving glances hold any true depth. Emotions are no longer skin deep, but merely sit as a mask upon the faces of society, who’s false grins mock me ever so cruelly. There is no hope in this god forsaken life, no sun shine to drive away the hatred in this era. Never more shall any whispers of sweet nothings hold ay true affection. Love has died, like a flower kept in darkness. It has wilted in this garden of Eden, left to be forbidden to the likes of us humans.

© 2010 Shley De


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 4, 2010

Author

Shley De
Shley De

Hope Valley, RI



About
Universal Love! Treat everyone with dignity and respect. Care for others and make a difference in the world. Everyone deserves kindness. Be true to yourself and live life to the fullest. more..

Writing
Stitches Stitches

A Poem by Shley De