Experience of a Lifetime...

Experience of a Lifetime...

A Story by David W Is Searching Himself
"

So this is a little excerpt from something bigger. Real life experiences and take everything as you want, as most perception is individual? Haha, I like to speak of perception. Anyways, this is just a little bit of the story, just need some time to let th

"

 

                I stared at my two friends. We had been through it all; women, alcohol, family, school. And now it had turned to this. Here we sit outside, surrounded by morning skies and eager eyes. Here we sit awaiting our future.

                At $5 a hit, who could say no? All of the new friends we had made had all dropped like rain yesterday, and now it was our turn. I watched as Wally’s tongue soaked up the paper, revealing a long blue streak. Then Conrad, so worried about his self-image, quickly accepted with the licking of paper. But there I sat, so confused and naïve.

                I sat in the chair, stoned from nights and days of sleepless activity. My mind circled itself looking for an exit, but these kinds of failed motions always blend insanity and reality. My lungs burned from that day’s festivity, and all I really needed was sleep. Falling into a corner is hard for anybody, and even my second guessing refused to yield. I stamped my tongue blue.

                An hour wasted away so slow with all of us searching the skies and grounds for evidence of mental transformation and sanctuary. We walked into the music festival, slowly as if expecting something. We expected wisdom of the ages, transcendental change and revelation. We expected God’s light to touch us. We expected heaven.

                As Conrad and I sat through the first set we begin to become restless. I could feel it in my spine when I stood still, but movement was the key to painless time. I turned to him and he understood too well, and in the blink of an eye we were off. Racing through the crowd; a never ending wave of people without faces. I was realizing that all of these people had turned against me. All of these people were the mindless matter we always spoke of but never saw. Sitting there and staring they only distorted my path and image. They distorted my future.

                Doe joined up with us, a man I never knew or had beheld in my life. His dilations asked for permission to roam the land with us and ours blinked twice as a sign of peace. Conrad, Doe, and I all raced the now sinking grassland flooded with empty bodies and broken souls. Nobody here cared that I was dying and nobody here cared that I was losing. I picked up my feet as quick as I could for many hours, and still was not relieved. We were now running up a hill, nature itself had turned against this venue and we were struck with the uncanny task of lumbering up a hill while avoiding the falling bodies. Conrad finally found a way out, but I was scared.

© 2008 David W Is Searching Himself


Author's Note

David W Is Searching Himself
NOT FINISHED

BUT EDIT AWAY!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked your plot how it works,sounds, quite an experience! and thx for reading my dark piece, much appreciated!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 14, 2008

Author

David W Is Searching Himself
David W Is Searching Himself

Columbus, OH



About
Love it all man. Just glad to be alive, and be here for a bit. I've had some crazy times, 19 years old but feel wise in some ways and so naive in others. We'll see how long I last. All rights reserv.. more..

Writing