Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Daydreamer0626
"

This is the prologue to my first book, Azoria: Book One: Earth.

"

Prologue

            “Prince Tairiku! Please be careful! Your going to hurt yourself,” shouted a regal looking man, dressed in royal green clothes. The man watched as a young boy, about 7 years old, rides a majestic, blue dragon through the sky at tremendous speeds.

            “Don’t worry Father! Kekai won’t let anything happen to me. Will you boy?” The dragon nods his enormous head as he goes into a spiral dive toward the ground, but pulls up and lands gracefully in front of the royally dressed man. “See Father, I’m fine.” Tairiku said as he grinned down at his father from on top the dragon.

“Yes, I see you are. Kekai is a fine dragon, I was foolish to overreact.” The man smiled up at his son and gave the dragon a loving pat. The man turned away and, with a glum frown on his face, looked out onto the dark horizon.

            “Father, was there ever a time when Azoria wasn’t covered in darkness?”

Tairiku’s father turns his head slowly toward his son but doesn’t make eye contact. “That’s an excellent question, my son. Yes, there was a time when this world wasn’t filled with despair and darkness. Back during Mistress Hikara’s rule; in the Age of Saiyen.”

            “I’ve never heard that story. What’s it about?” the boy said excitedly, leaning forward to hear the story.

            “My son, this is no story! It is our history! Back then, all the lands were at peace. We lived off one another; we supported each other. Mistress Hikara and Master Kusai made sure everything went smoothly. But then one day Mistress Hikara vanished without a trace, leaving Master Kusai to rule alone. Now you should know that the Mistress ruled over light and that the Master rules over darkness, as we rule over the land and the other lands rule their elements. Well, when Hikara vanished, the balance between light and dark was tipped in Kusai’s favor. So therefore, the world was purged into darkness.”

            “If that’s true, Father, then why didn’t the countries band together and fight him?”

            “An excellent question,” said the king sadly. “Master Kusai was smart. Before the disappearance of the Mistress Hikara, there was already unrest and distrust brewing among the different lands. After her disappearance, many thought it was Master Kusai who started driving the lands apart. For by the time it was known that the Mistress had vanished, the countries were already at war with each other. Everyone was blaming each other for all the chaos and hard times that we were in no position to join forces and go against Kusai. United, we may have stood a chance. Divided as we were, the results would have been devastating and everyone knew it. But we could no longer trust one another. So all the countries succumbed to Kusai’s rule without question.

            “But there was one couple, Lord Taski and Lady Tala, who stood up to Kusai. No one knows where they came from, or what land they call home, but they stood and faced Kusai, for they believed that Hikara didn’t simply ‘vanish’, but was hidden somewhere. They went to Kusai for answers and he said that they were delusional and called them traitors. They had gained many allies during their stay in Azoria however and were blessed by many if not all of the elemental lands. They were able to stay hidden and out of danger for a time with the help of those alliances. Unfortunately, their ending was tragic. Both of them were killed brutally. But it was said that Tala had a daughter, and with the last of their strength, sent their daughter far away. But, those are just rumors.” As the king finished, he hung his head low and blessed Taski and Tala.

            “Wow Father! All that really happened?” The boy said, in awe at his father’s story. Kekai, who was listening intently as the king told the story of the past, looked toward the sky, silently blessing the two souls as well.  

            “Lord Chikoyu! My lord!” a boy yells as he approaches the father and son.

“Yes Hasu, what is it?” Tairiku spots his friend Hasu, a short, stocky fellow who appeared more disheveled compared to the young prince.

“My lord, the council wishes your presence at the meeting immediately,” says Hasu, fatigued and out of breath.

“Oh that was today?” the king said bemused. “Alright, we’ll be there in a moment.”

            “Yes Lord Chikoyu.” With that, Hasu ran off to alert the council.

            “Father, do you think that Tala’s daughter is out there?”

            The king stood silently and pondered his son’s question. After a few seconds he said, “Yes Tairiku, I do. She’s out there somewhere. It’s just a matter of finding out where,” He looked out across the horizon, with a small smile and with a bit of doubt visible on his face.

“Well, when I get older, I’m going to find her!” Tairiku stated as he thumped his chest. Kekai gave a grumble of agreement to the boy’s proclamation.

The king let out a loud laugh. “I’m sure you will my son, but keep this in mind. If Master Kusai should ever find her, it could mean her death and the destruction of all Azoria.”            

            “But she is safe where she is, isn’t she?” the young prince ask curiously.

            “Yes son. I do hope she is.” With a last look out at the horizon of his kingdom, he turned and beckoned his son to follow him into the palace. Together, father and son walked inside, with hopes that one day, the passing of the dark days would come to pass.



© 2014 Daydreamer0626


Author's Note

Daydreamer0626
Please give feedback on characters (names, descriptions, ect) and plot. I will correct grammar once everything it finished.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting prologue. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, I don't have the imagination to write it, so when I read there was a dragon I got all kinds of excited. This has a very, Avatar: The last airbender, feel to it. The world being thrust into this darkness. I love the wife and husband being the rulers of light and dark and the idea the Mistress is missing and because of that the world is being turned solely to darkness. That's very cool. I would work on your description, as you had previously mentioned before, you said description isn't your strong suit. That's totally okay. Here is a couple of strategies I do when I'm trying to use description. Draw your city out, draw your characters. Then when you right, add the same details as you did when you were drawing. If you can't draw a straight line to save your life, than ask yourself some question.
For instance, when Tairiku is flying on his dragon, what is his vantage point? What does he see? Are there clouds? Is it raining? Is the air filled with smoke and ash? How does the dragon feel underneath him. Is it a smooth ride? It's all about putting yourself there and your readers will follow. Draw it out for us.
You have a really excited and cool story here and I'm excited to see where your imagination takes it.
Good luck and I hope this helped some.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer0626

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and writing a review!! A lot of people have told me it sounds like Ava.. read more



Reviews

Interesting prologue. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, I don't have the imagination to write it, so when I read there was a dragon I got all kinds of excited. This has a very, Avatar: The last airbender, feel to it. The world being thrust into this darkness. I love the wife and husband being the rulers of light and dark and the idea the Mistress is missing and because of that the world is being turned solely to darkness. That's very cool. I would work on your description, as you had previously mentioned before, you said description isn't your strong suit. That's totally okay. Here is a couple of strategies I do when I'm trying to use description. Draw your city out, draw your characters. Then when you right, add the same details as you did when you were drawing. If you can't draw a straight line to save your life, than ask yourself some question.
For instance, when Tairiku is flying on his dragon, what is his vantage point? What does he see? Are there clouds? Is it raining? Is the air filled with smoke and ash? How does the dragon feel underneath him. Is it a smooth ride? It's all about putting yourself there and your readers will follow. Draw it out for us.
You have a really excited and cool story here and I'm excited to see where your imagination takes it.
Good luck and I hope this helped some.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreamer0626

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and writing a review!! A lot of people have told me it sounds like Ava.. read more
I love the start! The setting is quite good! I can't wait to see where this story goes!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Daydreamer0626

9 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
I am not complaining, though I am no anime fan, but that is what this seems like. I enjoy the blissful setting at first, and the looming presence that ends the prologue. Cheers and good luck to your future with this story. I will be sure to keep my eye on it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Daydreamer0626

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I do like some animes so maybe that influenced it a little bit :)
that is awesome start so far, it is off to a great story, i like how you are using dragons as characters it is going to make it even better instead of using humans as characters!!! i am looking forward to reading more :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Daydreamer0626

9 Years Ago

Thank you for looking it over and reviewing :) I greatly appreciate it! This story has been years in.. read more
Justin

9 Years Ago

your welcome, i am sure has been lol i cant wait to read more, maybe u can turn it into a best selle.. read more
Daydreamer0626

9 Years Ago

I hope so! That's my dream :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 13, 2014


Author

Daydreamer0626
Daydreamer0626

Norwich, NY



About
I am currently a full time middle school science teacher but have a firm passion for reading and writing. Since I started teaching, I haven't had a lot of time to write and am getting back into it and.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Daydreamer0626


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Daydreamer0626



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..