The Tortured Four

The Tortured Four

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Colt didn't want to be a leader, but he had to protect his sister no matter what. He knew he was different, but he never expected to be an instrument of death.

"

                                        Chapter One



The only reason I remember my birth so clearly is because I felt like I was on fire. Wait, let me rephrase that: It felt like my soul was fire and I was burning all around me. What’s there to compare that to?

        I heard my mother crying like someone was pulling her body apart. That was of course me doing that. I felt her pain. Her anguish at being the vessel that was to carry me forth into the world. I sensed her regret. Yeah, she knew how much of a monster I was before I did. I had endangered a woman’s life that I didn’t even know yet. I felt like an assassin on his mission, and I sure did complete my mission. You may think it strange that I had these feelings and emotions, but I am no ordinary person, as you will soon learn. Her body constricted around someone outside the womb. Such a strong force. The burning sensation overwhelmed me and I thought I might die in there. I was pushed forward to a blinding brightness with one huge push from her. I fell into these large, scarred hands. I felt ready to burn the entire world, to destroy everything in my path… until I looked into his eyes. Then I feared I would never see my mother’s face. I didn’t hear her screaming anymore. I didn’t hear even the faintest whisper of her voice. The man holding me was striking with eyes that looked like jade. I could only guess that he was my father. I turned around in his arms to look upon the face of my mother. She was beautiful. Her hair was dark-brown with red highlights. Her eyes were blue-green. Would I be so good-looking when I grew up? 



© 2016 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An interesting start. You set things up well and create a good sense of intrigue. If there is a suggestion I could make, it might have been better told through a conversation with someone, to establish a bit more about the characters in your story, but that's a matter of personal style.

I see a lot of potential here...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jennifer

8 Years Ago

Yeah, the story is being told solely through Colt's eyes, so there are a lot of moments like this w.. read more
David Jae

8 Years Ago

You're welcome.



Reviews

An interesting start. You set things up well and create a good sense of intrigue. If there is a suggestion I could make, it might have been better told through a conversation with someone, to establish a bit more about the characters in your story, but that's a matter of personal style.

I see a lot of potential here...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jennifer

8 Years Ago

Yeah, the story is being told solely through Colt's eyes, so there are a lot of moments like this w.. read more
David Jae

8 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 28, 2016
Last Updated on March 28, 2016


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Patchogue, NY



About
Horror and fantasy writer with my two books Night First and The Tortured Four available through Amazon. I started out writing screenplays and short stories as a kid, then I decided a few years back th.. more..

Writing
Tears For Rose Tears For Rose

A Chapter by Jennifer